'Wonder Woman' Film A Top Priority For DC Entertainment, Says Chief Diane Nelson
July 19, 2013 7:02 AM EST
The legend of the elusive "Wonder Woman" film may soon become reality, says DC Comics chief Diane Nelson.
The current focus of DC Entertainment, says Nelson, is to get the character "right," reports The Hollywood Reporter.
"We have to get her right, we have to," she told The Hollywood Reporter. "She is such an icon for both genders and all ages and for people who love the original TV show and people who read the comics now.
"I think one of the biggest challenges at the company is getting that right on any size screen. The reasons why are probably pretty subjective: She doesn't have the single, clear, compelling story that everyone knows and recognizes.
Nelson added that due to the numerous angles that can be taken to introduce the character, DC is working to figure out how to to find "the right facet for that right medium."
"What you do in TV has to be different than what you do in features. She has been, since I started, one of the top three priorities for DC and for Warner Bros. We are still trying right now, but she's tricky."
Rumors of a "Wonder Woman" movie have been rampant for years, though no official project has ever been launched. "Amazon," a television series based on the character, has also been developed by the CW.
"Amazon" didn't make the fall cut for 2013. Deadline reports that it has be pushed back to 2014 after the CW ordered eight pilots for the 2013 fall season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft