Beyonce Emmy Nominations 2013: Superstar Nominated For Three Emmys For Super Bowl Halftime Performance
July 19, 2013 1:09 AM EST
Beyonce is nominated for three Emmy Awards this year. The 65th Primetime Emmy Awards nominations announcement took place Thursday morning. The show will telecast live on Sunday Sept. 22 on CBS from Los Angeles, and will be hosted by actor Neil Patrick Harris.
The 31-year-old diva had her own HBO documentary air this year, but she is instead nominated for her role in one of the largest media events of the year—Super Bowl 2013. Based on her electrifying performance, she has been nominated in three categories, “Outstanding Special Class – Short-Format Live-Action Entertainment Programs,” Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video Control for a Miniseries, Movie, or a Special,” and “Outstanding Lighting Design/Lighting Direction for a Variety Special.”
Evidently, while the Baltimore Ravens defeated the San Francisco 49ers at Super Bowl 2013, Beyonce’s halftime performance was just as big of an event as the main show.
The superstar gave an energetic performance at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, beginning her 12-minute-set with a hit “Love on Top,” and eventually being joined by former Destiny’s Child members Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams. Dressed in a leather corset and lace bottom, Beyonce electrified the stage, along with Rowland and Williams.
Celebrities reacted to the show, such as LaLa Vasquez, who wrote on Twitter, “Halftime show slayed!!!!! Yessss @Beyonce!! ICONIC!! And I'm so proud of my BFF @KELLYROWLAND and @RealMichelleW! Wow.”
Beyonce's sister, Solange Knowles, tweeted, “Beyonce Bowl/No. One. Better/By the way ... Black girls ROCK, and I couldn't be more proud to be one tonight!!!!”
Kim Kardashian said, “OMG Beyonce killed it!!! And when Destiny's Child came out ... that made my life! #Bootylicious.”
After the performance, she ran into husband Jay-Z’s arms backstage, surrounded by cameras and the media.
Lights out!!! Any questions??,” Jay-Z tweeted after Beyonce’s halftime show, referring to a power outage at the Superdome following Beyonce’s set. The Baltimore Ravens won Super Bowl XLVII, 34-31.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Sons of Anarchy Charlie Hunnam Heartbroken about Walking Away from Fifty Shades of Grey [VIDEO]
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Official Trailer Released Plus Premiere Date, Spoilers: Gun Battle, Zombies, Beth Greene [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6