Beyonce Emmy Nominations 2013: Superstar Nominated For Three Emmys For Super Bowl Halftime Performance
July 19, 2013 1:09 AM EST
Beyonce is nominated for three Emmy Awards this year. The 65th Primetime Emmy Awards nominations announcement took place Thursday morning. The show will telecast live on Sunday Sept. 22 on CBS from Los Angeles, and will be hosted by actor Neil Patrick Harris.
The 31-year-old diva had her own HBO documentary air this year, but she is instead nominated for her role in one of the largest media events of the year—Super Bowl 2013. Based on her electrifying performance, she has been nominated in three categories, “Outstanding Special Class – Short-Format Live-Action Entertainment Programs,” Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video Control for a Miniseries, Movie, or a Special,” and “Outstanding Lighting Design/Lighting Direction for a Variety Special.”
Evidently, while the Baltimore Ravens defeated the San Francisco 49ers at Super Bowl 2013, Beyonce’s halftime performance was just as big of an event as the main show.
The superstar gave an energetic performance at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, beginning her 12-minute-set with a hit “Love on Top,” and eventually being joined by former Destiny’s Child members Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams. Dressed in a leather corset and lace bottom, Beyonce electrified the stage, along with Rowland and Williams.
Celebrities reacted to the show, such as LaLa Vasquez, who wrote on Twitter, “Halftime show slayed!!!!! Yessss @Beyonce!! ICONIC!! And I'm so proud of my BFF @KELLYROWLAND and @RealMichelleW! Wow.”
Beyonce's sister, Solange Knowles, tweeted, “Beyonce Bowl/No. One. Better/By the way ... Black girls ROCK, and I couldn't be more proud to be one tonight!!!!”
Kim Kardashian said, “OMG Beyonce killed it!!! And when Destiny's Child came out ... that made my life! #Bootylicious.”
After the performance, she ran into husband Jay-Z’s arms backstage, surrounded by cameras and the media.
Lights out!!! Any questions??,” Jay-Z tweeted after Beyonce’s halftime show, referring to a power outage at the Superdome following Beyonce’s set. The Baltimore Ravens won Super Bowl XLVII, 34-31.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic's Beckett To See Nathan Fillion's Rick 'On A Sugar Rush' Again [REVIEW]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery