Beyonce Emmy Nominations 2013: Superstar Nominated For Three Emmys For Super Bowl Halftime Performance
July 19, 2013 1:09 AM EST
Beyonce is nominated for three Emmy Awards this year. The 65th Primetime Emmy Awards nominations announcement took place Thursday morning. The show will telecast live on Sunday Sept. 22 on CBS from Los Angeles, and will be hosted by actor Neil Patrick Harris.
The 31-year-old diva had her own HBO documentary air this year, but she is instead nominated for her role in one of the largest media events of the year—Super Bowl 2013. Based on her electrifying performance, she has been nominated in three categories, “Outstanding Special Class – Short-Format Live-Action Entertainment Programs,” Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video Control for a Miniseries, Movie, or a Special,” and “Outstanding Lighting Design/Lighting Direction for a Variety Special.”
Evidently, while the Baltimore Ravens defeated the San Francisco 49ers at Super Bowl 2013, Beyonce’s halftime performance was just as big of an event as the main show.
The superstar gave an energetic performance at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, beginning her 12-minute-set with a hit “Love on Top,” and eventually being joined by former Destiny’s Child members Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams. Dressed in a leather corset and lace bottom, Beyonce electrified the stage, along with Rowland and Williams.
Celebrities reacted to the show, such as LaLa Vasquez, who wrote on Twitter, “Halftime show slayed!!!!! Yessss @Beyonce!! ICONIC!! And I'm so proud of my BFF @KELLYROWLAND and @RealMichelleW! Wow.”
Beyonce's sister, Solange Knowles, tweeted, “Beyonce Bowl/No. One. Better/By the way ... Black girls ROCK, and I couldn't be more proud to be one tonight!!!!”
Kim Kardashian said, “OMG Beyonce killed it!!! And when Destiny's Child came out ... that made my life! #Bootylicious.”
After the performance, she ran into husband Jay-Z’s arms backstage, surrounded by cameras and the media.
Lights out!!! Any questions??,” Jay-Z tweeted after Beyonce’s halftime show, referring to a power outage at the Superdome following Beyonce’s set. The Baltimore Ravens won Super Bowl XLVII, 34-31.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge