Ric Flair Arrest Warrant: Wrestling Legend Richard Fliehr Missed Payments To Ex-Wife Jacqueline Beems
July 17, 2013 11:27 PM EST
The personal life of pro wrestling legend Ric Flair continued to unravel on Tuesday, when a Mecklenburg, NC, judge ordered that an arrest warrant be issued over a spousal support conflict.
Flair, whose actual name is Richard Fliehr, was initially ordered to pay $4,000 a month in spousal support to Jacqueline Beems, his fourth wife, after the couple divorced last summer, the Charlotte Observer reports. The money was supposed to cover her car, health insurance, and legal needs.
However, Flair, 64, neglected to pay $32,352.51 in spousal support, despite receiving at least two court orders to do so, the Observer reports. As a result, a Mecklenburg County court issued an arrest warrant on July 3. Still, Flair can reportedly avoid serving jail time if he covers the balance his spousal support payments, according to court documents.
On Tuesday, Flair told the Observer that he planned to honor the terms of the arrest warrant and pay Beems. “The reason I didn’t pay my ex-wife the 32 grand is because my son died and I was in the hospital for a month,” Flair said. “I was in the hospital for a month with a blood clot. I didn’t go to work for three months.”
Flair’s son, an aspiring wrestler named Reid Fliehr, died on March 29 in a hotel suit where his father was living, the Observer reports. An autopsy revealed that the 25-year-old had died over an overdose stemming from heroin and prescription drug use. Flair was reportedly the person who discovered his son’s body.
Meanwhile, Beems, Flair’s ex-wife, was arrested on Tuesday and charged with a misdemeanor count of making a harassing phone call, the Observer reports. Authorities allege that Beems made a series of threatening phone calls to Wendy Barlow Kidder, Flair’s current girlfriend.
Although Brad Smith, Beems’ attorney, claims that the accusations against his client are “unfounded and outlandish,” Flair reportedly told the Observer that she has been threatening Kidder. “My girlfriend Wendy Kidder is the mother of four and she has 50 texts and five phone (voice-)mails from my ex-wife,” Flair told the Observer. “They didn’t give Wendy a warrant for arrest without looking at all of that stuff.”
Flair and Beems were married in November 2009, but separated in 2012 after Beems accused the wrestling legend of “acts of marital misconduct.” According to her official complaint, Flair had engaged in “numerous intimate relationships with other women” during their marriage.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Recovers $585,000 Gold Rolex Watch Left in a Hotel Restroom
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza