Ric Flair Arrest Warrant: Wrestling Legend Richard Fliehr Missed Payments To Ex-Wife Jacqueline Beems
July 17, 2013 11:27 PM EST
The personal life of pro wrestling legend Ric Flair continued to unravel on Tuesday, when a Mecklenburg, NC, judge ordered that an arrest warrant be issued over a spousal support conflict.
Flair, whose actual name is Richard Fliehr, was initially ordered to pay $4,000 a month in spousal support to Jacqueline Beems, his fourth wife, after the couple divorced last summer, the Charlotte Observer reports. The money was supposed to cover her car, health insurance, and legal needs.
However, Flair, 64, neglected to pay $32,352.51 in spousal support, despite receiving at least two court orders to do so, the Observer reports. As a result, a Mecklenburg County court issued an arrest warrant on July 3. Still, Flair can reportedly avoid serving jail time if he covers the balance his spousal support payments, according to court documents.
On Tuesday, Flair told the Observer that he planned to honor the terms of the arrest warrant and pay Beems. “The reason I didn’t pay my ex-wife the 32 grand is because my son died and I was in the hospital for a month,” Flair said. “I was in the hospital for a month with a blood clot. I didn’t go to work for three months.”
Flair’s son, an aspiring wrestler named Reid Fliehr, died on March 29 in a hotel suit where his father was living, the Observer reports. An autopsy revealed that the 25-year-old had died over an overdose stemming from heroin and prescription drug use. Flair was reportedly the person who discovered his son’s body.
Meanwhile, Beems, Flair’s ex-wife, was arrested on Tuesday and charged with a misdemeanor count of making a harassing phone call, the Observer reports. Authorities allege that Beems made a series of threatening phone calls to Wendy Barlow Kidder, Flair’s current girlfriend.
Although Brad Smith, Beems’ attorney, claims that the accusations against his client are “unfounded and outlandish,” Flair reportedly told the Observer that she has been threatening Kidder. “My girlfriend Wendy Kidder is the mother of four and she has 50 texts and five phone (voice-)mails from my ex-wife,” Flair told the Observer. “They didn’t give Wendy a warrant for arrest without looking at all of that stuff.”
Flair and Beems were married in November 2009, but separated in 2012 after Beems accused the wrestling legend of “acts of marital misconduct.” According to her official complaint, Flair had engaged in “numerous intimate relationships with other women” during their marriage.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Georges St-Pierre Opines Nick Diaz Would Have a Stronger Chance Against Anderson Silva If Fight Goes Longer
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery