Ric Flair Arrest Warrant: Wrestling Legend Richard Fliehr Missed Payments To Ex-Wife Jacqueline Beems
July 17, 2013 11:27 PM EST
The personal life of pro wrestling legend Ric Flair continued to unravel on Tuesday, when a Mecklenburg, NC, judge ordered that an arrest warrant be issued over a spousal support conflict.
Flair, whose actual name is Richard Fliehr, was initially ordered to pay $4,000 a month in spousal support to Jacqueline Beems, his fourth wife, after the couple divorced last summer, the Charlotte Observer reports. The money was supposed to cover her car, health insurance, and legal needs.
However, Flair, 64, neglected to pay $32,352.51 in spousal support, despite receiving at least two court orders to do so, the Observer reports. As a result, a Mecklenburg County court issued an arrest warrant on July 3. Still, Flair can reportedly avoid serving jail time if he covers the balance his spousal support payments, according to court documents.
On Tuesday, Flair told the Observer that he planned to honor the terms of the arrest warrant and pay Beems. “The reason I didn’t pay my ex-wife the 32 grand is because my son died and I was in the hospital for a month,” Flair said. “I was in the hospital for a month with a blood clot. I didn’t go to work for three months.”
Flair’s son, an aspiring wrestler named Reid Fliehr, died on March 29 in a hotel suit where his father was living, the Observer reports. An autopsy revealed that the 25-year-old had died over an overdose stemming from heroin and prescription drug use. Flair was reportedly the person who discovered his son’s body.
Meanwhile, Beems, Flair’s ex-wife, was arrested on Tuesday and charged with a misdemeanor count of making a harassing phone call, the Observer reports. Authorities allege that Beems made a series of threatening phone calls to Wendy Barlow Kidder, Flair’s current girlfriend.
Although Brad Smith, Beems’ attorney, claims that the accusations against his client are “unfounded and outlandish,” Flair reportedly told the Observer that she has been threatening Kidder. “My girlfriend Wendy Kidder is the mother of four and she has 50 texts and five phone (voice-)mails from my ex-wife,” Flair told the Observer. “They didn’t give Wendy a warrant for arrest without looking at all of that stuff.”
Flair and Beems were married in November 2009, but separated in 2012 after Beems accused the wrestling legend of “acts of marital misconduct.” According to her official complaint, Flair had engaged in “numerous intimate relationships with other women” during their marriage.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- Manny Pacquiao Calls Out On Floyd Mayweather Jr. Again After Unbeaten Boxer Mocks Him With His KO Video
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Phil Hughes No More: Australian Batsman Dies at 25
- 2014 NFL Thanksgiving Games Results: Detroit Lions, Philadelphia Eagles, Seattle Seahawks Notch All-Important Wins With Major Postseason Implications
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report