Ric Flair Arrest Warrant: Wrestling Legend Richard Fliehr Missed Payments To Ex-Wife Jacqueline Beems
July 17, 2013 11:27 PM EST
The personal life of pro wrestling legend Ric Flair continued to unravel on Tuesday, when a Mecklenburg, NC, judge ordered that an arrest warrant be issued over a spousal support conflict.
Flair, whose actual name is Richard Fliehr, was initially ordered to pay $4,000 a month in spousal support to Jacqueline Beems, his fourth wife, after the couple divorced last summer, the Charlotte Observer reports. The money was supposed to cover her car, health insurance, and legal needs.
However, Flair, 64, neglected to pay $32,352.51 in spousal support, despite receiving at least two court orders to do so, the Observer reports. As a result, a Mecklenburg County court issued an arrest warrant on July 3. Still, Flair can reportedly avoid serving jail time if he covers the balance his spousal support payments, according to court documents.
On Tuesday, Flair told the Observer that he planned to honor the terms of the arrest warrant and pay Beems. “The reason I didn’t pay my ex-wife the 32 grand is because my son died and I was in the hospital for a month,” Flair said. “I was in the hospital for a month with a blood clot. I didn’t go to work for three months.”
Flair’s son, an aspiring wrestler named Reid Fliehr, died on March 29 in a hotel suit where his father was living, the Observer reports. An autopsy revealed that the 25-year-old had died over an overdose stemming from heroin and prescription drug use. Flair was reportedly the person who discovered his son’s body.
Meanwhile, Beems, Flair’s ex-wife, was arrested on Tuesday and charged with a misdemeanor count of making a harassing phone call, the Observer reports. Authorities allege that Beems made a series of threatening phone calls to Wendy Barlow Kidder, Flair’s current girlfriend.
Although Brad Smith, Beems’ attorney, claims that the accusations against his client are “unfounded and outlandish,” Flair reportedly told the Observer that she has been threatening Kidder. “My girlfriend Wendy Kidder is the mother of four and she has 50 texts and five phone (voice-)mails from my ex-wife,” Flair told the Observer. “They didn’t give Wendy a warrant for arrest without looking at all of that stuff.”
Flair and Beems were married in November 2009, but separated in 2012 after Beems accused the wrestling legend of “acts of marital misconduct.” According to her official complaint, Flair had engaged in “numerous intimate relationships with other women” during their marriage.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Novak Djokovic Stars In A New Commercial For Gerble Sans Gluten et Sans Souci
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS