Piaggio to Launch Vespa 946 in India Later this Year
By Greeshma M | July 14, 2013 7:28 PM EST
Vespa is gearing up to take the next big step in the Indian market with the launch of its Vespa 946 scooter.
Vespa, a brand which received credits for its stylish treatment of scooters, will have a new line-up for the Indian market in the coming months. Vespa 946 will come with two engine options - 125cc and 150cc four stroke-fuel injected motors. According to reports, the 946 scooter is likely to make its debut later this year. The model which is now marketed in Europe is priced 9,000 euros.
Apart from the 946 model, Vespa is also planning to launch a new model named Vespa S, where S stands for Sport. Having sold over 52,000 units of Vespa scooters in India, Piaggio will now launch its Sports scooter 125cc 3-valve engine which churns out a power of 10 Bhp and 10.6 Nm. The new model is based on the Vespa LX.
According to BikeIndia.com, the Vespa S is likely to hit Indian roads in September. The company's recently launched Vespa VX 125 is the high-end model in the current scooter market. It packs a 125cc, four-stroke, three-valve single cylinder engine which churns a power of 10.06PS at 7,500rpm and 10.6Nm of torque at 6,000 rpm. The scooter packs additional features like front disc brake, tubeless tyres and optional beige seat. The latest model also gives customers new colour options such as Portovenere Verde (metallic green) and Vibrante Rosa (dual tone red and pink). Vespa VX 125 comes with a price-tag of ₹71,380.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Moto X Pure Edition is Coming Soon with Wi-Fi Calling – Reports
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List