Piaggio to Launch Vespa 946 in India Later this Year
By Greeshma M | July 14, 2013 7:28 PM EST
Vespa is gearing up to take the next big step in the Indian market with the launch of its Vespa 946 scooter.
Vespa, a brand which received credits for its stylish treatment of scooters, will have a new line-up for the Indian market in the coming months. Vespa 946 will come with two engine options - 125cc and 150cc four stroke-fuel injected motors. According to reports, the 946 scooter is likely to make its debut later this year. The model which is now marketed in Europe is priced 9,000 euros.
Apart from the 946 model, Vespa is also planning to launch a new model named Vespa S, where S stands for Sport. Having sold over 52,000 units of Vespa scooters in India, Piaggio will now launch its Sports scooter 125cc 3-valve engine which churns out a power of 10 Bhp and 10.6 Nm. The new model is based on the Vespa LX.
According to BikeIndia.com, the Vespa S is likely to hit Indian roads in September. The company's recently launched Vespa VX 125 is the high-end model in the current scooter market. It packs a 125cc, four-stroke, three-valve single cylinder engine which churns a power of 10.06PS at 7,500rpm and 10.6Nm of torque at 6,000 rpm. The scooter packs additional features like front disc brake, tubeless tyres and optional beige seat. The latest model also gives customers new colour options such as Portovenere Verde (metallic green) and Vibrante Rosa (dual tone red and pink). Vespa VX 125 comes with a price-tag of ₹71,380.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Coming Out Gay Defies Corporate Norm: Tech Execs Applaud Inspiring Essay
- Bombshell, Shocking And Wild Read: Jefferies & Co. Sage Kelly Forces Wife To Have Sex With Clients For A Deal
- Russia Succeeds Where US Fails: ISS NASA Antares Rocket Explosion Meant to Happen; Russia Successfully Launches Cargo Ship
- The Cost Of Getting Infected With Ebola
- Walmart Sells ‘Fat Girl Costumes’ for Halloween
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists