Piaggio to Launch Vespa 946 in India Later this Year
By Greeshma M | July 14, 2013 7:28 PM EST
Vespa is gearing up to take the next big step in the Indian market with the launch of its Vespa 946 scooter.
Vespa, a brand which received credits for its stylish treatment of scooters, will have a new line-up for the Indian market in the coming months. Vespa 946 will come with two engine options - 125cc and 150cc four stroke-fuel injected motors. According to reports, the 946 scooter is likely to make its debut later this year. The model which is now marketed in Europe is priced 9,000 euros.
Apart from the 946 model, Vespa is also planning to launch a new model named Vespa S, where S stands for Sport. Having sold over 52,000 units of Vespa scooters in India, Piaggio will now launch its Sports scooter 125cc 3-valve engine which churns out a power of 10 Bhp and 10.6 Nm. The new model is based on the Vespa LX.
According to BikeIndia.com, the Vespa S is likely to hit Indian roads in September. The company's recently launched Vespa VX 125 is the high-end model in the current scooter market. It packs a 125cc, four-stroke, three-valve single cylinder engine which churns a power of 10.06PS at 7,500rpm and 10.6Nm of torque at 6,000 rpm. The scooter packs additional features like front disc brake, tubeless tyres and optional beige seat. The latest model also gives customers new colour options such as Portovenere Verde (metallic green) and Vibrante Rosa (dual tone red and pink). Vespa VX 125 comes with a price-tag of ₹71,380.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related