Piaggio to Launch Vespa 946 in India Later this Year
By Greeshma M | July 14, 2013 7:28 PM EST
Vespa is gearing up to take the next big step in the Indian market with the launch of its Vespa 946 scooter.
Vespa, a brand which received credits for its stylish treatment of scooters, will have a new line-up for the Indian market in the coming months. Vespa 946 will come with two engine options - 125cc and 150cc four stroke-fuel injected motors. According to reports, the 946 scooter is likely to make its debut later this year. The model which is now marketed in Europe is priced 9,000 euros.
Apart from the 946 model, Vespa is also planning to launch a new model named Vespa S, where S stands for Sport. Having sold over 52,000 units of Vespa scooters in India, Piaggio will now launch its Sports scooter 125cc 3-valve engine which churns out a power of 10 Bhp and 10.6 Nm. The new model is based on the Vespa LX.
According to BikeIndia.com, the Vespa S is likely to hit Indian roads in September. The company's recently launched Vespa VX 125 is the high-end model in the current scooter market. It packs a 125cc, four-stroke, three-valve single cylinder engine which churns a power of 10.06PS at 7,500rpm and 10.6Nm of torque at 6,000 rpm. The scooter packs additional features like front disc brake, tubeless tyres and optional beige seat. The latest model also gives customers new colour options such as Portovenere Verde (metallic green) and Vibrante Rosa (dual tone red and pink). Vespa VX 125 comes with a price-tag of ₹71,380.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Vodafone Buys Ericsson Equipment to Replace 5-Year-Old Network Technologies
- Small Businesses Claim Positive Financial Situation but Negative on Outlook
- Perfume Maker Elizabeth Arden Blames Poor Q4 Financial Results on Justin Bieber Scent
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6