Piaggio to Launch Vespa 946 in India Later this Year
By Greeshma M | July 14, 2013 7:28 PM EST
Vespa is gearing up to take the next big step in the Indian market with the launch of its Vespa 946 scooter.
Vespa, a brand which received credits for its stylish treatment of scooters, will have a new line-up for the Indian market in the coming months. Vespa 946 will come with two engine options - 125cc and 150cc four stroke-fuel injected motors. According to reports, the 946 scooter is likely to make its debut later this year. The model which is now marketed in Europe is priced 9,000 euros.
Apart from the 946 model, Vespa is also planning to launch a new model named Vespa S, where S stands for Sport. Having sold over 52,000 units of Vespa scooters in India, Piaggio will now launch its Sports scooter 125cc 3-valve engine which churns out a power of 10 Bhp and 10.6 Nm. The new model is based on the Vespa LX.
According to BikeIndia.com, the Vespa S is likely to hit Indian roads in September. The company's recently launched Vespa VX 125 is the high-end model in the current scooter market. It packs a 125cc, four-stroke, three-valve single cylinder engine which churns a power of 10.06PS at 7,500rpm and 10.6Nm of torque at 6,000 rpm. The scooter packs additional features like front disc brake, tubeless tyres and optional beige seat. The latest model also gives customers new colour options such as Portovenere Verde (metallic green) and Vibrante Rosa (dual tone red and pink). Vespa VX 125 comes with a price-tag of ₹71,380.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Tweens Fool Their Parents Online, McAfee Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report