Kristen Stewart Embraces Buddhism To Get Over Former Boyfriend Robert Pattinson
July 14, 2013 6:14 AM EST
Kristen Stewart, who recently lashed out at paparazzi after a prank saw someone write “I <3 Rob” across the hood of her Toyota pickup truck, is believed to have turned to religion to help her cope with her latest split from former boyfriend Robert Pattinson, HollywoodLife.com reported.
Stewart and Pattinson broke up roughly two months ago, and the British actor is now said to be dating Elvis Presley’s granddaughter, Riley Keough.
“Kristen has been studying Nichiren Buddhism,” a source close to Stewart told HollywoodLife.com. “It’s a type of Buddhism, where you chant Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo. Chanting is suppose[d] to help you through tough times and bring you inner peace and ultimate happiness,” the source added.
Stewart began practicing Nichiren Buddhism after a couple of friends who practice the religion encouraged her to get involved. Celebrities such as Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr also practice the same type of Buddhism, the source said.
Stewart is reportedly upset with Pattinson for dating Keough, with whom the “Twilight” film-series actress co-starred in “The Runaways,” and has conveyed it to him through friends.
“Kristen is emotionally volatile at best of times and flew off the handle when she found out about Rob’s liaison with Riley. She’s told Rob via friends she feels violated,” a source close to the actress told the Daily Mail when Pattinson’s relationship with Keough was first reported.
But, since then, Stewart appears to have gotten a grip on her feelings, and has decided to move on with her life.
“[Kristen’s] actually doing pretty well, considering all the drama and heartbreak with Rob. Kristen has not seen Rob since the day he moved out. It’s been hard, I mean, she lost her best friend. She is still sad, but is trying to make the best of the situation,” the HollywoodLife source said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People