How to Install Sony Xperia ION LT28i, LT28h Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | July 14, 2013 12:27 AM EST
For users who have the Sony Xperia ION LT28i or LT28h, you can now automatically or manually install the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware released by Sony. The firmware update contains most bug fixes related to the camera app and overheating issues.
Sony Xperia ION Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update
Sony released an official Android 4.1.2 firmware for both Xperia ION LT28i and LT28h variants. The latest includes several changes in applications and major bug fixes for the camera and overheating problems. The Android 4.1.2 firmware for Xperia ION has a version number 6.2.B.0.211 and currently is being pushed via OTA to selected countries but can be downloaded and installed manually in other territories.
- Update and more intuitive versions of Sony Media apps: WALKMAN, Album & Movies
- Increased options for personalisation
- Improved app organisation and search
- Extended Standby mode
- Google Now
- Major bug fixes
Over the Air Update
You can download the firmware using Over-the-Air procedure to update your phone.
1. Go to "Settings > About phone > Software updates."
2. Then "Check for updates."
3. A prompt will notify you if your device needs an update. The notification may determine if the handset can only be updated using the Sony PC Companion.
4. Follow the instructions provided to you but do not forget to backup your personal settings and data files.
5. Make sure to connect the device to its AC power and update it using a Wi-Fi connection instead of mobile data.
Sony PC Companion
In case you are notified to use the Sony PC Companion, here is the quick step on how to do it.
1. Download and install the Sony PC Companion from the Sony Mobile Web site to your computer.
2. Launch the Sony PC Companion program on your computer.
3. Connect your Sony Xperia ION to the computer and let the drivers to be installed.
4. The program will prompt of the latest and update which you'll need to download.
5. After the download is complete, the Sony PC Companion will update the device.
6. Do not disconnect the phone, close the Sony PC Companion or turn off the computer during the update. It is important to backup all personal information and data files on your phone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet