How to Install Sony Xperia ION LT28i, LT28h Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | July 14, 2013 12:27 AM EST
For users who have the Sony Xperia ION LT28i or LT28h, you can now automatically or manually install the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware released by Sony. The firmware update contains most bug fixes related to the camera app and overheating issues.
Sony Xperia ION Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update
Sony released an official Android 4.1.2 firmware for both Xperia ION LT28i and LT28h variants. The latest includes several changes in applications and major bug fixes for the camera and overheating problems. The Android 4.1.2 firmware for Xperia ION has a version number 6.2.B.0.211 and currently is being pushed via OTA to selected countries but can be downloaded and installed manually in other territories.
- Update and more intuitive versions of Sony Media apps: WALKMAN, Album & Movies
- Increased options for personalisation
- Improved app organisation and search
- Extended Standby mode
- Google Now
- Major bug fixes
Over the Air Update
You can download the firmware using Over-the-Air procedure to update your phone.
1. Go to "Settings > About phone > Software updates."
2. Then "Check for updates."
3. A prompt will notify you if your device needs an update. The notification may determine if the handset can only be updated using the Sony PC Companion.
4. Follow the instructions provided to you but do not forget to backup your personal settings and data files.
5. Make sure to connect the device to its AC power and update it using a Wi-Fi connection instead of mobile data.
Sony PC Companion
In case you are notified to use the Sony PC Companion, here is the quick step on how to do it.
1. Download and install the Sony PC Companion from the Sony Mobile Web site to your computer.
2. Launch the Sony PC Companion program on your computer.
3. Connect your Sony Xperia ION to the computer and let the drivers to be installed.
4. The program will prompt of the latest and update which you'll need to download.
5. After the download is complete, the Sony PC Companion will update the device.
6. Do not disconnect the phone, close the Sony PC Companion or turn off the computer during the update. It is important to backup all personal information and data files on your phone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- Robin Williams to Be Honoured As A Character In 'World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor'
- Hypersonic Travel: Can Space Tourism be a Possibility
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko