How to Install Sony Xperia ION LT28i, LT28h Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | July 14, 2013 12:27 AM EST
For users who have the Sony Xperia ION LT28i or LT28h, you can now automatically or manually install the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware released by Sony. The firmware update contains most bug fixes related to the camera app and overheating issues.
Sony Xperia ION Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update
Sony released an official Android 4.1.2 firmware for both Xperia ION LT28i and LT28h variants. The latest includes several changes in applications and major bug fixes for the camera and overheating problems. The Android 4.1.2 firmware for Xperia ION has a version number 6.2.B.0.211 and currently is being pushed via OTA to selected countries but can be downloaded and installed manually in other territories.
- Update and more intuitive versions of Sony Media apps: WALKMAN, Album & Movies
- Increased options for personalisation
- Improved app organisation and search
- Extended Standby mode
- Google Now
- Major bug fixes
Over the Air Update
You can download the firmware using Over-the-Air procedure to update your phone.
1. Go to "Settings > About phone > Software updates."
2. Then "Check for updates."
3. A prompt will notify you if your device needs an update. The notification may determine if the handset can only be updated using the Sony PC Companion.
4. Follow the instructions provided to you but do not forget to backup your personal settings and data files.
5. Make sure to connect the device to its AC power and update it using a Wi-Fi connection instead of mobile data.
Sony PC Companion
In case you are notified to use the Sony PC Companion, here is the quick step on how to do it.
1. Download and install the Sony PC Companion from the Sony Mobile Web site to your computer.
2. Launch the Sony PC Companion program on your computer.
3. Connect your Sony Xperia ION to the computer and let the drivers to be installed.
4. The program will prompt of the latest and update which you'll need to download.
5. After the download is complete, the Sony PC Companion will update the device.
6. Do not disconnect the phone, close the Sony PC Companion or turn off the computer during the update. It is important to backup all personal information and data files on your phone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Sony Xperia Z3X Expectations: Snapdragon 810 64-Bit Processor, No 4K Overheating And Longer 4K Videos
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money