How to Install Sony Xperia ION LT28i, LT28h Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | July 14, 2013 12:27 AM EST
For users who have the Sony Xperia ION LT28i or LT28h, you can now automatically or manually install the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware released by Sony. The firmware update contains most bug fixes related to the camera app and overheating issues.
Sony Xperia ION Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update
Sony released an official Android 4.1.2 firmware for both Xperia ION LT28i and LT28h variants. The latest includes several changes in applications and major bug fixes for the camera and overheating problems. The Android 4.1.2 firmware for Xperia ION has a version number 6.2.B.0.211 and currently is being pushed via OTA to selected countries but can be downloaded and installed manually in other territories.
- Update and more intuitive versions of Sony Media apps: WALKMAN, Album & Movies
- Increased options for personalisation
- Improved app organisation and search
- Extended Standby mode
- Google Now
- Major bug fixes
Over the Air Update
You can download the firmware using Over-the-Air procedure to update your phone.
1. Go to "Settings > About phone > Software updates."
2. Then "Check for updates."
3. A prompt will notify you if your device needs an update. The notification may determine if the handset can only be updated using the Sony PC Companion.
4. Follow the instructions provided to you but do not forget to backup your personal settings and data files.
5. Make sure to connect the device to its AC power and update it using a Wi-Fi connection instead of mobile data.
Sony PC Companion
In case you are notified to use the Sony PC Companion, here is the quick step on how to do it.
1. Download and install the Sony PC Companion from the Sony Mobile Web site to your computer.
2. Launch the Sony PC Companion program on your computer.
3. Connect your Sony Xperia ION to the computer and let the drivers to be installed.
4. The program will prompt of the latest and update which you'll need to download.
5. After the download is complete, the Sony PC Companion will update the device.
6. Do not disconnect the phone, close the Sony PC Companion or turn off the computer during the update. It is important to backup all personal information and data files on your phone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S3: How to Resolve Battery Drain, Random Reboot, Wake Lag and Slow Performance
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More