Week Ahead July 15-19 Preview: China GDP, Earnings From Citigroup Inc (C), Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS), Bank Of America Corp (BAC) [VIDEO]
July 13, 2013 6:07 AM EST
U.S. stocks were little changed Friday, after the Dow and S&P 500 closed at record highs in the previous session, as investors weighed better-than-expected earnings reports from JPMorgan Chase & Co (NYSE: JPM) and Wells Fargo & Co. (NYSE: WFC).
Jason A. Weisberg of Seaport Securities discusses next week's economic events which include China's second-quarter GDP, U.S. retail sales data for June and highly anticipated bank earnings from Citigroup Inc. (NYSE: C), Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (NYSE: GS) and Bank of America Corp. (NYSE: BAC).
China is preparing to announce second-quarter gross domestic product (GDP) numbers on July 15, and economists surveyed by Bloomberg expect the economy to grow 7.5 percent in the three months from April through June, down from 7.7 percent growth the previous quarter.
U.S. retail sales for June are scheduled for release on Monday. Retail Sales in the U.S. increased more than forecast in May and rose 0.6 percent, beating Reuters’ estimates of a 0.4 percent increase and following a 0.1 percent increase in April.
On the earnings front, Citigroup Inc. (NYSE: C) is expected to report second-quarter EPS of $1.17 on revenue of $19.76 billion, compared with a profit of $1.00 a share on revenue of $18.64 billion in the year-ago period, according to earnings per share and revenue estimates from Reuters.
Investment bank Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (NYSE: GS) is forecast by Reuters to report second-quarter EPS of $2.82 on revenue of $8.03 billion, compared with a profit of $1.78 a share on revenue of $6.63 billion in the year-ago period.
Bank of America Corp. (NYSE: BAC) is expected to report second-quarter EPS of 25 cents on revenue of $22.82 billion, compared with a profit of 19 cents a share on revenue of $21.97 billion in the year-ago period, according to analysts polled by Reuters.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans