The Beki Chronicles: Creative Director of My Husband’s Lover to Marry Male TV Executive in New York (VIDEOS & PHOTO)
By Vittorio Hernandez | July 13, 2013 12:20 AM EST
In a scene that would make the romance between two gay men in the popular Philippine gay-themed soap opera My Husband's Lover pale in comparison, two male homosexual media personalities announced that they would soon wed in New York after 10 years of relationship.
Gay relationships had tickled the curiosity of Filipino TV viewers and what better way to show an example of real life imitating reel life by two young and successful gay men announcing their plans to tie the knot at a time that same-sex relationships are gaining more acceptance in the majority Roman Catholic country.
ABC 5 head of Creative and Entertainment Produce Perci Intalan and award-winning filmmaker June Lana announced through the Instagram photo below of their plan to formalise their decade-long relationship via a same-sex wedding in The Big Apple.
Original source: Instagram
Lana is the director of the 2012 Philippine Oscar entry, Bwakaw, to several film festivals in New York, Toronto and Tokyo, and My Husband's Lover's creative director.
Their announcement came amid the country closely following a reel gay relationship between a bachelor architect, Eric, played by actor Dennis Trillo, and a car dealer, Vincent, portrayed by Tom Rodriguez, who is married to Lally, essayed by Carla Abellana.
The country's social media is alive and each episode is the topic of discussion in Twitter and Facebook as viewers watch nightly the soap opera becoming sudsier. In the Thursday, July 11, episode, Lally finally caught Eric and Vincent in the former's condo, which would lead her husband to finally come out of the closet in Friday's episode.
Coming out is the buzz word in Manila, following former Glee star Charice Pempengco's admission on national TV in May that she is lesbian. Her much-awaited outing apparently did not damage Charice's international singing career - only her hair which had been abused with excessive dyeing and grotesque styling - since the 21-year-old Filipina was named this week by a U.S. lesbian Web site as the hottest lesbian in the world.
Perci and Jun may be behind the camera most of the time and not as known to Filipinos as Charice and the stars of My Husband's Lover are, but their public announcement of their marriage would surely be another topic for gossip-hungry Filipinos to talk about.
After all, the country's show business lives by speculations on who is gay or not. With Jun and Perci's formal public outing, it's time to move on to find out who would come out next - the ageing matinee idol who broke up a few months ago with his very beautiful girlfriend or the singing champ who once had a vamp comedienne as a real beau?
Incidentally, a young male finalist of GMA's star search had been hounded for years by rumours that this princely looking man got hitched in the U.S. to an ageing millionaire. While not denying they are friends and travel to the U.S. together, the pair insists they are not in a romantic relationship, much less a married same-sex couple. Do you believe them?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date