'All American Boy': Steve Grand’s, Unrequited Love, Gay-Themed Country Song Takes America by Storm as It Goes Viral on YouTube [VIDEO]
By Floyd Allen | July 12, 2013 4:12 PM EST
His story was your story. It was a story of an unrequited love that resonated across sexuality. Steve Grand’s gay-themed, country song, “All-American Boy” has exploded on YouTube as it tells his story and everyone else’s. “Your story is my story,” Grand was told by hundreds of new-found fans who have heard and watched his first song.
Like Rebecca Black and Omar Borkan Al Gala, Steve Grand has become an Internet sensation overnight since his country music, “All-American Boy” has become a hit on YouTube. All of them were unknown until people heard of their work and what they contribute to the entertainment industry.
But unlike Rebecca and Omar, Steve has beginnings, no typical story of an artist. If Rebecca had an agency to help her produce the hit song “Friday” Steve had to max out his only credit card to create the country song that changed his life and has made an impact to hundreds of others.
“All-American Boy” tells a story about a young gay man who had suffered the misfortune of falling in love with an “all-American” straight male friend. Their love began when he hang out with him and his female friend. The video showed the female friend driving the car while he and the straight American friend were sitting comfortably at the back of the car.
Too comfortable his friend even slept on his shoulders during the drive. They ended up in the woods and finally to a small body of water. Annoyed with what she sees and feeling more like a third wheel, the girl was seen in the video, driving off, leaving the two behind. The two men felt no remorse making the female friend seemed like out of place.
The main character of the story had his moment as he went skinny-dipping with the straight male friend. They even shared a quick kiss. While he realised in the end that it was all for fun for the straight guy, the gay man was left wanting for more and longing for the great feeling he just had with the “all-American” straight guy.
It turned out he was not alone with these feelings. And hundreds of thousands more feel the same way. A look at the video revealed that just after more than one week his first work that cost him $$7,000 to produce, has been viewed by 1,165,169 who feel the same like he felt for the American-boy.
And after he maxed out his credit card for his first music video, Steve has no regrets. He may be pennyless for now, but the love and express of support and admiration felt from viewers and their comments has just made him the richest man, noting, "I would die a happy man today."
His story has been a hit because it tells what everyone can relate to. It’s his story and your story.
"I was a 13-year-old boy (at camp)," the 23-year-old singer-songwriter, said in a phone interview with Huffington Post. "One of my counselors was warm and strong and he took an interest in me — not sexually, but as a friend, and it really moved me. I remember leaving with a horrible ache in my heart."
He never thought, his music will have this effect on people. And he himself was surprised on how it moved him.
"I'm not a crier," said Grand. "But since this all began, since people have been reaching out, I've been beyond moved, because so many people have felt what I felt, been through what I've been through."
"Like I said, I would die a happy man today," Grand continued, according to The Huffington Post. "And it's the first time in my entire life I can say that."
Fall in love with Steve and watch his VIDEO of “All-American Boy.”
Don’t MISS! You Might Also Like to READ:
‘Under the Dome’ 2013 S1 E3 Recap: ‘Manhunt’ Begins as More Problems Begin to Come Out at Chester’s Mill [PHOTOS/VIDEO] Full Article HERE.
Kristen Stewart’s Ex, Robert Pattinson Flashes Rare Smile As He Steps Out to Begin Filming ‘Maps to the Stars’ [NEW PHOTOS!] Full Article HERE.
George Burgess: Top Things to Know About Sydney Rabbitohs Footballer Who Takes Twitterverse by Storm with His Hot, Naked Selfie [PHOTOS] Full Article HERE.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date