'All American Boy': Steve Grand’s, Unrequited Love, Gay-Themed Country Song Takes America by Storm as It Goes Viral on YouTube [VIDEO]
By Floyd Allen | July 12, 2013 4:12 PM EST
His story was your story. It was a story of an unrequited love that resonated across sexuality. Steve Grand’s gay-themed, country song, “All-American Boy” has exploded on YouTube as it tells his story and everyone else’s. “Your story is my story,” Grand was told by hundreds of new-found fans who have heard and watched his first song.
Like Rebecca Black and Omar Borkan Al Gala, Steve Grand has become an Internet sensation overnight since his country music, “All-American Boy” has become a hit on YouTube. All of them were unknown until people heard of their work and what they contribute to the entertainment industry.
But unlike Rebecca and Omar, Steve has beginnings, no typical story of an artist. If Rebecca had an agency to help her produce the hit song “Friday” Steve had to max out his only credit card to create the country song that changed his life and has made an impact to hundreds of others.
“All-American Boy” tells a story about a young gay man who had suffered the misfortune of falling in love with an “all-American” straight male friend. Their love began when he hang out with him and his female friend. The video showed the female friend driving the car while he and the straight American friend were sitting comfortably at the back of the car.
Too comfortable his friend even slept on his shoulders during the drive. They ended up in the woods and finally to a small body of water. Annoyed with what she sees and feeling more like a third wheel, the girl was seen in the video, driving off, leaving the two behind. The two men felt no remorse making the female friend seemed like out of place.
The main character of the story had his moment as he went skinny-dipping with the straight male friend. They even shared a quick kiss. While he realised in the end that it was all for fun for the straight guy, the gay man was left wanting for more and longing for the great feeling he just had with the “all-American” straight guy.
It turned out he was not alone with these feelings. And hundreds of thousands more feel the same way. A look at the video revealed that just after more than one week his first work that cost him $$7,000 to produce, has been viewed by 1,165,169 who feel the same like he felt for the American-boy.
And after he maxed out his credit card for his first music video, Steve has no regrets. He may be pennyless for now, but the love and express of support and admiration felt from viewers and their comments has just made him the richest man, noting, "I would die a happy man today."
His story has been a hit because it tells what everyone can relate to. It’s his story and your story.
"I was a 13-year-old boy (at camp)," the 23-year-old singer-songwriter, said in a phone interview with Huffington Post. "One of my counselors was warm and strong and he took an interest in me — not sexually, but as a friend, and it really moved me. I remember leaving with a horrible ache in my heart."
He never thought, his music will have this effect on people. And he himself was surprised on how it moved him.
"I'm not a crier," said Grand. "But since this all began, since people have been reaching out, I've been beyond moved, because so many people have felt what I felt, been through what I've been through."
"Like I said, I would die a happy man today," Grand continued, according to The Huffington Post. "And it's the first time in my entire life I can say that."
Fall in love with Steve and watch his VIDEO of “All-American Boy.”
Don’t MISS! You Might Also Like to READ:
‘Under the Dome’ 2013 S1 E3 Recap: ‘Manhunt’ Begins as More Problems Begin to Come Out at Chester’s Mill [PHOTOS/VIDEO] Full Article HERE.
Kristen Stewart’s Ex, Robert Pattinson Flashes Rare Smile As He Steps Out to Begin Filming ‘Maps to the Stars’ [NEW PHOTOS!] Full Article HERE.
George Burgess: Top Things to Know About Sydney Rabbitohs Footballer Who Takes Twitterverse by Storm with His Hot, Naked Selfie [PHOTOS] Full Article HERE.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date