5 Top New Android & iOS Games for the Weekend: Despicable Me Minion Rush, Turd Birds
By Gilda Galang | July 12, 2013 1:09 PM EST
It's another weekend ahead, and if you don't have anything better to do, best to download some of these newest games to arrive at the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. Some of them are free while others are priced for a good reason.
Despicable Me: Minion Rush (Android)
The sequel may not have been as great as the original Despicable Me, but you have to admit that the Minions still got to you with their gibberish talk and cuddly selves. And developer Game Loft is giving you a way to enjoy the Minions by themselves--if that's all you're into, with Despicable Me: Minion Rush.
There are many levels and hundreds of missions to go through. You have secret areas, unique bosses, power-ups, and customizations. You'll be facing the original villain Vector, but the game will also feature a new villain that's exclusively for the game.
Some of the gameplay bonuses include collecting bananas while riding the Fluffy Unicorn, destroying the Mega Minion, and hanging on to Gru's Rocket.
Best of all, the game is available for free, so best to grab the chance to download it now.
Turd Birds (iOS)
Think you've had enough of Angry Birds? How about Turd Birds from 2K Games?
It's simplicity of the game at its finest, with your main aim, where you have to eat choice stuff to get good poop, have good aim at the lifeguards and other people below, and do a spectacular bombs away.
Your enemy will be UFOs, toxic waste, and helicopters, while your other aim is to get as many coins as you can before running out of gas--quite literally.
Being a freemium game, Turd Birds also offers packs of gems and features to collect throughout your journey, which will be part of all the items that you need to upgrade and unlock new birds.
If the screenshots are anything to go by on iTunes, you're in for great graphics and even greater fun--so get ready to aim and shoot.
Pacific Rim (iOS)
Just in time for the movie, Pacific Rim is also releasing on the iOS for $4.99. Before skipping to the next game, there's a reason why the game, inspired by the upcoming movie.
According to 9 to 5 Mac, there are a bunch of features that make the price tag worth the game. In Story Mode, you're in for 30 levels of gaming and challenges against monsters as inspired by the movie. There's also a Survival Mode where you'll have to deal with waves upon waves of Kaiju.
Other items include five different Jaegors, and upgradable weapons for the battlefield. The game is also not constrained by the premise of the movie, as it delves deeper to introduce new events, weapons, and enemies not seen in the game.
Fast Racing 3D (Android)
If you're into racing, the Google Play Store has something that can give you that adrenaline rush, with Fast Racing 3D
From Doodle Mobile Ltd., the game features cutting-edge graphics and sound effects, upgradable and customizable vehicles, cash rewards to unlock cars, and over 10 hours of gameplay while playing through 48 levels of career mode.
It's a balance of physics and guts as you race your way through traffic and race tracks in one fluid game that you can now download for free!
Deus Ex (iOS)
From Square Enix, iOS device owners can now enjoy Deus Ex: The Fall as it hits the App Store this week.
But what's notable about this app is that it is restricted to jail broken devices. Apple Insider features a screenshot of the gameplay on a jail broken device, with the words, "We are sorry but you can't fire on jailbroken devices" splashed onscreen.
The report states that many who users who have already bought the game were not informed of what will happen, hence it has since been downgraded with negative reviews.
Now, the App Store features a disclaimer, stating:
"Please be aware, the Deus Ex: The Fall play experience is currently restricted on jail broken devices. Do not purchase if you have voided your warranty and have jail broken your device," notes the creators in the App Store.
By itself, the game packs a lot of features, with a story-driven action RPG with survival, decision-consequences, and hours of gameplay, high-def gaming for great graphics, and a true Deus Ex experience where you can play stealth or full on attack.
For those who can play the game, you can get it for $6.99. Note that your device needs 1.6GB of free space to install the game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast