Tablet PC Revolution: What iPad Mini 2, Google Nexus 7.2, Amazon Kindle Fire HD Have on Their Sleeves
By Precious Silva | July 11, 2013 2:33 PM EST
Tablets with personal computer capacities slowly penetrate the markets these days. Amazon started lowering the price for Kindle Fire HD which can only mean an upgraded version will come soon. Likewise, the market is also anticipating highly the release of Apple's iPad Mini 2 and Google's Nexus 7.2 Tablet PC revolution is just down the pipe.
One report noted the possible delay of Apple's iPad Mini 2 which gives Google and Amazon more market room. Nexus 7.2 can grab a huge market share considering the hype on the new product and the success of the previous one.
With a very competitive and saturated market, prices cuts make the difference. Anything less or discounted often catch the attention of consumers. Mobile computing has a very diverse and large market. Catering accordingly is a must. Currently, Amazon slashed $30 from its Kindle Fire HD line. Kindle Fire HD marks the company's entry into mobile computing and tablet industry.
Aside from the possible release of an upgraded version, Kindle's price cut can be linked also to price cuts of the Slate Android tablet from Barnes and Nobles. During the first quarter, Amazon's Kindle Fire HD 8.9 went through a price cut already. The device was priced at $299 before going down to $269. It is the same with the regular 9.7-inch iPad.
With the release of one of the biggest competitors around, Google Nexus 7.2, it is only necessary for Amazon to lower prices. Asus will be backing up Google on second installment of Nexus 7 making it a formidable product on the market once released.
The demand for tablets with optimal computing performance has increased throughout the years. People are more particular with portability plus computing efficiency. It will be a battle of tablet PCs in no time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown