Tablet PC Revolution: What iPad Mini 2, Google Nexus 7.2, Amazon Kindle Fire HD Have on Their Sleeves
By Precious Silva | July 11, 2013 2:33 PM EST
Tablets with personal computer capacities slowly penetrate the markets these days. Amazon started lowering the price for Kindle Fire HD which can only mean an upgraded version will come soon. Likewise, the market is also anticipating highly the release of Apple's iPad Mini 2 and Google's Nexus 7.2 Tablet PC revolution is just down the pipe.
One report noted the possible delay of Apple's iPad Mini 2 which gives Google and Amazon more market room. Nexus 7.2 can grab a huge market share considering the hype on the new product and the success of the previous one.
With a very competitive and saturated market, prices cuts make the difference. Anything less or discounted often catch the attention of consumers. Mobile computing has a very diverse and large market. Catering accordingly is a must. Currently, Amazon slashed $30 from its Kindle Fire HD line. Kindle Fire HD marks the company's entry into mobile computing and tablet industry.
Aside from the possible release of an upgraded version, Kindle's price cut can be linked also to price cuts of the Slate Android tablet from Barnes and Nobles. During the first quarter, Amazon's Kindle Fire HD 8.9 went through a price cut already. The device was priced at $299 before going down to $269. It is the same with the regular 9.7-inch iPad.
With the release of one of the biggest competitors around, Google Nexus 7.2, it is only necessary for Amazon to lower prices. Asus will be backing up Google on second installment of Nexus 7 making it a formidable product on the market once released.
The demand for tablets with optimal computing performance has increased throughout the years. People are more particular with portability plus computing efficiency. It will be a battle of tablet PCs in no time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Coming Out Gay Defies Corporate Norm: Tech Execs Applaud Inspiring Essay
- Bombshell, Shocking And Wild Read: Jefferies & Co. Sage Kelly Forces Wife To Have Sex With Clients For A Deal
- Russia Succeeds Where US Fails: ISS NASA Antares Rocket Explosion Meant to Happen; Russia Successfully Launches Cargo Ship
- The Cost Of Getting Infected With Ebola
- Walmart Sells ‘Fat Girl Costumes’ for Halloween
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists