Cate Blanchett in Woody Allen's 'Blue Jasmine' May Find Her Way To Another Academy Award Best Actress Nomination
By Ria Kristina Torrente | July 11, 2013 1:31 PM EST
Cate Blanchett has a lot of things going up her sleeves lately. Her performance in Sydney Theatre Company's 'The Maids' is garnering positive reviews, she has a directorial debut in the film "The Turning" set to premiere at this month's Melbourne Film Festival and her rave performance in Woody Allen's "Blue Jasmine" is the latest buzz.
Could Blue Jasmine win her an Oscar Best Actress Award in 2014?
Critics who have been invited to see the early screening of the film at Sony reported Blanchett to be "stunning", "infallible" and a' tour de force' in her performance as the fashionable wife of an investor who loses their elegant lifestyle. She is forced to live with her adopted sister in San Francisco as she struggles to get back on her feet. Blue Jasmine also stars Peter Sarsgaard, Alec Baldwin and Sally Hawkins.
As usual, the film has its familiar Woody Allen trademark: New York setting, the bourgeoisie culture and the tendency of some characters to become neurotic. Overall, Blue Jasmine is a sad story with a lot of comic situations that delivers a genuine empathy for the characters.
Blanchett has always been best in her all performances that's why it's no wonder that a team-up with Woody Allen for Blue Jasmine could lead her to win an Academy Award for Best Actress since Diane Keaton's 'Annie Hall'.
The best actress list for 2014 is now getting tougher with Nicole Kidman, Cate Blanchett, Meryl Streep, Judi Dench, Julia Roberts and Oprah Winfrey in the lineup.
For now, let's enjoy more from the actress while she's in Sydney and watch 'The Maids', which runs until July 20th and 'The Turning' on August 26th (regular screening).
Blue Jasmine hits Australian theatres on September 05, 2013.
Watch the trailer for Blue Jasmine below:
Watch the Trailer for 'The Turning', to Debut at Melbourne International Film Fest
Cate Blanchett, Isabelle Huppert lead Sydney Theatre Company's 'The Maids'
The Melbourne International Film Festival Unveils Program; Almodovar's "I'm So Excited" to Open Film Fest
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones