Cate Blanchett in Woody Allen's 'Blue Jasmine' May Find Her Way To Another Academy Award Best Actress Nomination
By Ria Kristina Torrente | July 11, 2013 1:31 PM EST
Cate Blanchett has a lot of things going up her sleeves lately. Her performance in Sydney Theatre Company's 'The Maids' is garnering positive reviews, she has a directorial debut in the film "The Turning" set to premiere at this month's Melbourne Film Festival and her rave performance in Woody Allen's "Blue Jasmine" is the latest buzz.
Could Blue Jasmine win her an Oscar Best Actress Award in 2014?
Critics who have been invited to see the early screening of the film at Sony reported Blanchett to be "stunning", "infallible" and a' tour de force' in her performance as the fashionable wife of an investor who loses their elegant lifestyle. She is forced to live with her adopted sister in San Francisco as she struggles to get back on her feet. Blue Jasmine also stars Peter Sarsgaard, Alec Baldwin and Sally Hawkins.
As usual, the film has its familiar Woody Allen trademark: New York setting, the bourgeoisie culture and the tendency of some characters to become neurotic. Overall, Blue Jasmine is a sad story with a lot of comic situations that delivers a genuine empathy for the characters.
Blanchett has always been best in her all performances that's why it's no wonder that a team-up with Woody Allen for Blue Jasmine could lead her to win an Academy Award for Best Actress since Diane Keaton's 'Annie Hall'.
The best actress list for 2014 is now getting tougher with Nicole Kidman, Cate Blanchett, Meryl Streep, Judi Dench, Julia Roberts and Oprah Winfrey in the lineup.
For now, let's enjoy more from the actress while she's in Sydney and watch 'The Maids', which runs until July 20th and 'The Turning' on August 26th (regular screening).
Blue Jasmine hits Australian theatres on September 05, 2013.
Watch the trailer for Blue Jasmine below:
Watch the Trailer for 'The Turning', to Debut at Melbourne International Film Fest
Cate Blanchett, Isabelle Huppert lead Sydney Theatre Company's 'The Maids'
The Melbourne International Film Festival Unveils Program; Almodovar's "I'm So Excited" to Open Film Fest
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast