How to Update Your Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | July 11, 2013 9:36 AM EST
Owners of the Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 can now update their device to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and enjoy all features included in the latest Android version. Samsung didn't announce any plans to update Galaxy Y from Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread to Android 4.0 or 4.1 but developers of JellyNoid ROM released a firmware for the handset.
JellyNoid ROM Features:
- All new lock screen
- Multiple shortcuts on lock screen
- Quick Settings
- Notifications accessible via lock screen
- Google Now
Warning: JellyNoid is a custom ROM. Flashing a custom ROM on your phone may damage it. Developers and sources are not liable for any damages which may occur. Please read and follow the instructions carefully. Do this at your own risk.
1. Apply this update to Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 only. Do not try this on other devices.
2. Root your Samsung Galaxy Y and install a ClockworkMod recovery.
3. Enable USB debugging mode. Go to "Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging."
4. Make sure that the battery level is at least 50 per cent.
5. Create a backup of all your personal settings and data files before installing the firmware.
6. Download the JellyNoid firmware to your computer.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy Y to your computer using a USB cable.
- Copy the JellyNoid ROM you have downloaded earlier and paste it in the handset's memory card. Do not extract the ROM.
- Disconnect your phone from the computer and turn it off.
- Reboot into Recovery mode. Press and hold the Volume up + Home + Power keys together.
- Inside the Recovery mode, create a nAndroid backup of your current ROM. Select "backup and restore > backup." You can restore the saved ROM anytime.
- After the backup, perform a full wipe on your device. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition."
- Now install the custom ROM. Select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card" then choose the JellyNoid ROM you have copied earlier and confirm installation.
- Once the installation is complete, go back to the main menu and select "Reboot system now."
- Your device will reboot automatically and usually takes 5 minutes on the first time.
Congratulations! Your Samsung Galaxy Y is now running Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean thanks to JellyNoid ROM. To check the firmware version, go to "Settings > About Phone."
For any comments, issues and other stuff you can use for JellyNoid ROM, send your feedback to JellyNoid XDA developers thread.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft