Amanda Bynes Dresses Down For Court Appearance Over Bong Tossing Charges, But Wears Blue Wig
July 10, 2013 8:38 PM EST
Former child actress Amanda Bynes, who is believed to be going through a rough patch judging by her bizarre tweets, dressed down in track pants and donned a blue wig during a court appearance in New York on Tuesday.
Bynes was accompanied by her attorney, Gerald Shargel, and she mumbled and smirked to herself during her court appearance. Bynes, however, refused to talk to the media, the New York Daily News reported.
Bynes faces three charges -- reckless endangerment, attempted tampering with physical evidence and unlawful possession of marijuana -- stemming from an incident back in May when she allegedly tossed a bong outside her Manhattan apartment, the report said.
Bynes got into trouble when the manager of the apartment building she was staying in called the cops on her, stating that she was rolling a joint in the lobby. Bynes, who had gone to her room when police officials arrived, is said to have flung a bong through the window of the apartment allegedly to destroy evidence.
This is Bynes’ second court date following the bong-tossing charges, and the next hearing has been postponed to September 26, the Daily News said.
The ‘She’s The Man’ actress, who was active on Twitter hours before her court appearance, did not mention the hearing, but took the opportunity to target rapper Drake on the microblogging site.
"Drake Has An Ugly Face," she wrote, but deleted the post later, Fox News reported. But early Wednesday, she once again launched a series of attacks calling him ugly.
“Drake Has Ugly Downward Facing Eyes,” Bynes tweeted, following it up with “Drake Stalks Me But Isn't Following Me On Twitter He's Ugly And I Won't Stop Making Fun Of His Ugly Face! I Laugh @ Every Photo I See Of Him.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports