Kuala Lumpur-Singapore High Speed Rail Project Report Out by July end
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | July 10, 2013 8:29 PM EST
A feasibility report on the much-anticipated government planned high speed railway network between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore is expected by the end of this month.
Nancy Shukri, a minister from the Malaysian Prime Minister's office, revealed the details when asked by Parliament member Teresa Kok on Tuesday.
The Bernama website quoted Shukri as saying, "The study is done and the report is in its final stage of preparation. We expect the final report to be ready by end of July."
"The feasibility study comprises information including the engineering and technical aspects, costs, finances and operations, as well as the project's socio-economic benefits," she said, according to The Star.
The minister added the railway link which would connect Kuala Lumpur to Singapore will link towns like Klang Valley, Negri Sembilan, Malacca and Johor in the process, and tenders will be thrown open by the year end.
"As for the awarding of the tender, I believe the Government will consider the best mechanism according to existing procedures and guidelines," she said.
Three firms have shown interest in the High Speed Rail (HSR). The firms are UEM, directed by government investment arm Khazanah Nasional, Malaysian tycoon Syed Moktar Al-Bukhary backed MMC Gamuda and YTL Corp which had previously constructed the express rail link to the KL International Airport.
The HSR project was proposed in February this year with approval from Malaysia Prime Minister Daruk Najib Razak and his Singapore counterpart Lee Hsien Loong.
The 330km project, which will reduce the travel time from one capital to another to a mere 90 minutes, is expected to be completed by 2020.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Chinese Teen Offers Sex To Men In Every Place She Travels To
- ‘Male Pilots Use Sexually Explicit Photos to Express Misogyny,’ Air Canada Pilot
- Flight Grounded At New Zealand's Christchurch After Detecting Passengers With Contagious Norovirus
- Chinese Teen Offering Sex For Travel Is Fake, A Promotional Campaign For Hooking Up App
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles