Jay-Z Says Beyonce Has "100,000 Amazing Songs" Ready For Her Upcoming Album
July 10, 2013 1:38 PM EST
Jay-Z isn't dancing only to music from his own new album, he told New York's Hot 97 in an interview.
The rap star -- who just released his already RIAA-certified platinum album "Magna Carta Holy Grail" -- told his good friend Angie Martinez that his wife Beyoncé has more than enough dance floor-ready material for her new album.
"Right now, Bey has 100,000 amazing songs, just playing 'em," Jay said
A shocked Martinez replied, "And what do you guys do, just listen to it in the speaker [at home] for yourself?" Jay chuckled saying, "Yeah, [we] dance to it in our socks!"
Speaking to Billboard, album contributor Ne-Yo shared that the "Grown Woman" singer is still polishing her highly anticipated fifth solo album, working to get it just right. The singer is also currently completing the U.S. leg of her Mrs. Carter Show world tour.
Read More: Beyoncé 'Still Putting Stuff Together' For Delayed Album Says Ne-Yo
Rumors have continued to swirl about possible release dates for her new album. One Norwegian journalist even reported that Bey told her backstage at an Oslo meet-and-greet that the album would be arriving in November.
During the interview, Jay also talked about his baby daughter Blue and the possibility of adding more kids to the family, telling Martinez he would "absolutely" like to have more children, "God willing."
Jay-Z's “Magna Carta Holy Grail” is his first solo album in four years. It was released exclusively on July 4 through an innovative deal with Samsung through an app made specifically for their mobile handsets. The album was released worldwide on Tuesday.
Read More: Jay-Z Will Release New Album Through Samsung App
Listen to the couple's collaboration from "Magna Carta Holy Grail" called "Part II" below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]