iPhone 6, 5S Release Date on Thanksgiving?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | July 9, 2013 2:12 PM EST
According to reports, Apple's next generation of smartphones dubbed as iPhone 6 and iPhone 5S will arrive this fall. Technically, according to the calendar, the season of fall begins on September 22nd and ends on December 20th. However, Apple does not give a definite date yet of the release of the two rumoured devices.
There is a report saying that iOS 7 and the iPhone 6 will be released before Thanksgiving weekend, even if it means Apple has to pare down its iOS 7 ambitions to make it happen in time. The new iPhone must be fully ingratiated into retail for the holiday shopping season, and Apple knows that, and has abided by it with every fall consumer product it has launched.
This contradicts the report that the next iPhone may come sooner than later as US carrier T-Mobile started signs of the imminent release. There are rumours that the next generation of Apple's iPhone will arrive soon as T-Mobile offers discount on the current iPhone 5. The iPhone 5's price has been slashed to just $145.99 upfront on a two-year T-Mobile contract.
The next iPhone is rumoured to feature Retina or IGZO screen display, A7 quad core chip processor, iOS 7, 128GB internal storage, 13 mega-pixel camera, and longer battery life. The lack of NFC support on the iPhone 5 was one of the biggest criticisms aimed at Apple's smartphone.
Meanwhile, the cheaper iPhone 5S is rumoured to sport a plastic casing, 4-inch screen display, dual core processor and 8-megapixel camera. The smartphone is speculated to be available in five to six different colors.
Both Apple smartphones are rumoured to include a fingerprint sensor technology for added security. The rumour is strengthened by the report that Apple bought a fingerprint technology firm Authentec last year.
It is initially reported that the new iPhones will be launched in September. The Apple chief Tim Cook also dropped several hints that the upcoming iPhone 6 and 5S will be released later this year. Cook said that no new products are to launch before the end of the year.
However, In the D11 interview of Apple's chief Tim Cook subtly suggested that the company will not release a low cost iPhone or a phablet this year. Tim Cook stressed that Apple invests time and effort in making each phone that serves various markets rather than making a myriad of phones aim to serve specific users.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change