Australian Expert Records UFO over New South Wales [VIDEO]
By Drishya Nair | July 6, 2013 6:52 PM EST
An amateur photographer has captured images of a large, spherical and luminous Unidentified Flying Object (UFO) hovering over Empire Bay in Australia. Ironically, he spotted the object on World UFO Day.
"I have seen many unexplained things in the Central Coast skies, but most recently, on Tuesday night I observed and photographed a large luminous ball shaped object over Empire Bay," amateur photographer Drew Ryan told the Daily Telegraph.
"The ball changed colour several times until it went orange, and then it moved slowly across the sky to hover over Woy Woy for some time," Ryan said, adding, "This was the fifth time I have seen this same object in the Central Coast skies in the past couple of months."
Ryan, who has worked with several UFO groups and is considered an expert, said he was not the only person to have sighted the strange object.
"I drove to Staples lookout to try to get a better view and some people there told me it had appeared pear-shaped to them," he explained.
Describing himself as an ex-military man, Ryan said most unusual objects in the sky could be explained but insisted that some sightings and reports could not.
The number of UFO sightings around the world appears to be on the rise, with Canada believed to be leading that race. Experts are cautious about the rising numbers, believing a simple increase in the number of sky gazers could account for the figures. Others believe the numbers could also reflect increased drone (military or civilian) activity.
A recent mass UFO sighting in Brazil, for instance, turned out to be a drone operated by a local news channel.
Judge for yourself - watch the video recorded by Drew Ryan here:
[Video Courtesy: YouTube/ORBTRACKER]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Belgium Chocolate Maker ISIS Forced To Change Brand Name To Escape Customer Fury
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS