Corpse of Pakistani Teenager Exhumed From Grave and Sexually Assaulted
By Ankita Mehta | July 4, 2013 10:03 PM EST
In an apparent case of necrophilia, a teenage girl's dead body was allegedly sexually assaulted by an unidentified man in Gujranwala district of Pakistan's Punjab province.
The corpse was reportedly exhumed from the girl's grave hours after her burial. The girl, who is a grade-VI student, had been electrocuted to death while having a bath in her house, in Qila Didar Singh town on Tuesday.
Muhammad Munir, the girl's father, buried her at a graveyard in Gujranwala district later in the evening.
The next morning when family members and relatives went to graveyard to offer fateh (prayer) they saw her body lying outside the grave. They later informed the police about the incident.
Police suspected that the body was exhumed by the man with the intention of rape. "The extent of damage done to the body will be confirmed once the investigation is complete and the criminals involved would be punished accordingly," ANI news reported police officials as saying.
Chief Minister of Punjab Province of Pakistan, Shahbaz Sharif, has ordered an immediate investigation into the incident.
Necrophilia, also known as thanatophilia or necrolagni, means sexual attraction towards corpses. Several cases of necrophilia have been reported from across the world.
In February, an 18-year-old woman from Joliet, Illinois, was arrested for killing two men and allegedly having sex with their corpses.
In 2009, a 13-year-old boy was arrested for having sex with a dead three-year-old girl. The boy grabbed the girl took her to his home and drowned her to death into a basin full of water. He later threw the girl's body from the fifth floor.
"A postmortem examination on May 21 confirmed that the girl was first killed and then sexually assaulted," said an official of the Haizhu district public security bureau in Guangzhou, Guangdong province.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where to Watch Delta Aquarids July 28-29 Peak Online, NASA Cameras Spotted Start of Perseid Meteor Shower
- UFO Sightings: Mysterious Bright Lights Spotted Flashing over Toronto, Witnesses Share UFO Sighting Experience on Social Media [VIDEO]
- Viral Wedding Photo: Amy Hicks Reveals True Story behind Viral Photo that Created Trending Hashtag on Twitter #westillcoming
- Six-Year-Old Canada girl Dies after Hit by Sedan in Crowded Store
- New Zealand-Born IDF Soldier Killed in Gaza Attack Amid Ceasefire Promises
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On