Corpse of Pakistani Teenager Exhumed From Grave and Sexually Assaulted
By Ankita Mehta | July 4, 2013 10:03 PM EST
In an apparent case of necrophilia, a teenage girl's dead body was allegedly sexually assaulted by an unidentified man in Gujranwala district of Pakistan's Punjab province.
The corpse was reportedly exhumed from the girl's grave hours after her burial. The girl, who is a grade-VI student, had been electrocuted to death while having a bath in her house, in Qila Didar Singh town on Tuesday.
Muhammad Munir, the girl's father, buried her at a graveyard in Gujranwala district later in the evening.
The next morning when family members and relatives went to graveyard to offer fateh (prayer) they saw her body lying outside the grave. They later informed the police about the incident.
Police suspected that the body was exhumed by the man with the intention of rape. "The extent of damage done to the body will be confirmed once the investigation is complete and the criminals involved would be punished accordingly," ANI news reported police officials as saying.
Chief Minister of Punjab Province of Pakistan, Shahbaz Sharif, has ordered an immediate investigation into the incident.
Necrophilia, also known as thanatophilia or necrolagni, means sexual attraction towards corpses. Several cases of necrophilia have been reported from across the world.
In February, an 18-year-old woman from Joliet, Illinois, was arrested for killing two men and allegedly having sex with their corpses.
In 2009, a 13-year-old boy was arrested for having sex with a dead three-year-old girl. The boy grabbed the girl took her to his home and drowned her to death into a basin full of water. He later threw the girl's body from the fifth floor.
"A postmortem examination on May 21 confirmed that the girl was first killed and then sexually assaulted," said an official of the Haizhu district public security bureau in Guangzhou, Guangdong province.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Gay Community In Liberia Persecuted For Ebola; Church Leaders Call Virus 'Punishment' For Homosexuality
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine