Corpse of Pakistani Teenager Exhumed From Grave and Sexually Assaulted
By Ankita Mehta | July 4, 2013 10:03 PM EST
In an apparent case of necrophilia, a teenage girl's dead body was allegedly sexually assaulted by an unidentified man in Gujranwala district of Pakistan's Punjab province.
The corpse was reportedly exhumed from the girl's grave hours after her burial. The girl, who is a grade-VI student, had been electrocuted to death while having a bath in her house, in Qila Didar Singh town on Tuesday.
Muhammad Munir, the girl's father, buried her at a graveyard in Gujranwala district later in the evening.
The next morning when family members and relatives went to graveyard to offer fateh (prayer) they saw her body lying outside the grave. They later informed the police about the incident.
Police suspected that the body was exhumed by the man with the intention of rape. "The extent of damage done to the body will be confirmed once the investigation is complete and the criminals involved would be punished accordingly," ANI news reported police officials as saying.
Chief Minister of Punjab Province of Pakistan, Shahbaz Sharif, has ordered an immediate investigation into the incident.
Necrophilia, also known as thanatophilia or necrolagni, means sexual attraction towards corpses. Several cases of necrophilia have been reported from across the world.
In February, an 18-year-old woman from Joliet, Illinois, was arrested for killing two men and allegedly having sex with their corpses.
In 2009, a 13-year-old boy was arrested for having sex with a dead three-year-old girl. The boy grabbed the girl took her to his home and drowned her to death into a basin full of water. He later threw the girl's body from the fifth floor.
"A postmortem examination on May 21 confirmed that the girl was first killed and then sexually assaulted," said an official of the Haizhu district public security bureau in Guangzhou, Guangdong province.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- Tony Abbott Launches #BringThemHome Operation for MH17 Victims; Black Avatars Trending on Social Media
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More