Boeing Delivered 169 Commercial Jets During Second Quarter Led By Best-Selling 737 Model
July 4, 2013 4:07 AM EST
The Boeing Company (NYSE:BA) on Wednesday announced 169 deliveries of commercial and military aircraft in the second quarter.
One month after Airbus outsold the U.S. company at the Paris Air Show, the year's largest air industry trade event, Boeing reported that more than half of its major commercial airplane deliveries so far this year still came in the second quarter.
Boeing delivered 169 aircraft in the second quarter, pushing its year-to-date total up to 306. The majority of those deliveries were 116 of the narrow-body 737 Next Generation planes, the world's best-selling commercial jet, followed by the wide-body passenger models. The company delivered 23 of its big 777 jets, 16 of its 787 Dreamliner planes, eight 767 models and six 747s to commercial carriers.
The company delivered 31 of its Defense, Space & Securities Programs aircraft in the second quarter, but these amounted to less than half of its 76 deliveries so far in 2013. The F/A-18E/F and EA-18G models led the way with 12 deliveries.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Rises Again Despite Bendgate, iOS 8 Bugs; Samsung Stock At Two-Year Low
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Ello Pegged As The Anti-Facebook Social Network
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate