Boeing Delivered 169 Commercial Jets During Second Quarter Led By Best-Selling 737 Model
July 4, 2013 4:07 AM EST
The Boeing Company (NYSE:BA) on Wednesday announced 169 deliveries of commercial and military aircraft in the second quarter.
One month after Airbus outsold the U.S. company at the Paris Air Show, the year's largest air industry trade event, Boeing reported that more than half of its major commercial airplane deliveries so far this year still came in the second quarter.
Boeing delivered 169 aircraft in the second quarter, pushing its year-to-date total up to 306. The majority of those deliveries were 116 of the narrow-body 737 Next Generation planes, the world's best-selling commercial jet, followed by the wide-body passenger models. The company delivered 23 of its big 777 jets, 16 of its 787 Dreamliner planes, eight 767 models and six 747s to commercial carriers.
The company delivered 31 of its Defense, Space & Securities Programs aircraft in the second quarter, but these amounted to less than half of its 76 deliveries so far in 2013. The F/A-18E/F and EA-18G models led the way with 12 deliveries.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS