Boeing Delivered 169 Commercial Jets During Second Quarter Led By Best-Selling 737 Model
July 4, 2013 4:07 AM EST
The Boeing Company (NYSE:BA) on Wednesday announced 169 deliveries of commercial and military aircraft in the second quarter.
One month after Airbus outsold the U.S. company at the Paris Air Show, the year's largest air industry trade event, Boeing reported that more than half of its major commercial airplane deliveries so far this year still came in the second quarter.
Boeing delivered 169 aircraft in the second quarter, pushing its year-to-date total up to 306. The majority of those deliveries were 116 of the narrow-body 737 Next Generation planes, the world's best-selling commercial jet, followed by the wide-body passenger models. The company delivered 23 of its big 777 jets, 16 of its 787 Dreamliner planes, eight 767 models and six 747s to commercial carriers.
The company delivered 31 of its Defense, Space & Securities Programs aircraft in the second quarter, but these amounted to less than half of its 76 deliveries so far in 2013. The F/A-18E/F and EA-18G models led the way with 12 deliveries.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- HTC ‘Double Exposure’ Event On October 8 Could Unveil HTC Eye With 5.2-inch FHD Display
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect