Jessica Simpson Gives Birth To Baby Boy Ace Knute; What Does His Name Mean?
July 1, 2013 10:19 AM EST
Maxwell Johnson became a big sister on Sunday when Jessica Simpson gave birth to a baby boy. Simpson and fiancé Eric Johnson named their son Ace Knute, a representative for the Simpson told The Hollywood Reporter. According to the celebrity news site, the baby’s middle name is pronounced ka-nute, and it's apparently the name of Johnson’s paternal grandfather, who is Swedish.
“Jessica, Eric and Maxwell are thrilled to welcome the new addition to their family,” Simpson’s rep told Us Weekly. Baby Ace was born via a scheduled C-section in Los Angeles, the news site added.
The singer-turned-fashionista Simpson, 32, and her NFL star beau, Johnson, 33, already share 14-month-old Maxwell together. Simpson revealed she was pregnant with baby number two in November when her daughter was only seven months old, Us Weekly reported. A few months later, in February, the “Irresistible” singer said she planned to name her baby “Ace,” but she didn’t confirm the child’s gender.
A month later, the famously absent-minded starlet let slip that she was having a boy during an appearance on ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” THR wrote. "I just feel awful, I've been vomiting," she said. "The crazy thing is, I never knew a wiener could actually make me nauseous." After catching herself, she added: "Well, I guess I just told the world I'm having a boy."
Kimmel quipped back, as if he didn’t realize what Simpson had said: "Oh, I didn't even know it was that. I thought maybe you were having a girl with a penis.”
Having a boy the second time around wasn’t the only difference the 32-year-old experienced with this pregnancy. "This pregnancy is the complete opposite," Simpson said during an interview with Ellen DeGeneres, Us Weekly reported. "Like with Maxwell, I felt amazing. Like I could do everything, eat everything. Do whatever I wanted. I had a lot of energy ... This time around… I'm like exhausted. Eating Tums. That's my snack of choice."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal