Jessica Simpson Gives Birth To Baby Boy Ace Knute; What Does His Name Mean?
July 1, 2013 10:19 AM EST
Maxwell Johnson became a big sister on Sunday when Jessica Simpson gave birth to a baby boy. Simpson and fiancé Eric Johnson named their son Ace Knute, a representative for the Simpson told The Hollywood Reporter. According to the celebrity news site, the baby’s middle name is pronounced ka-nute, and it's apparently the name of Johnson’s paternal grandfather, who is Swedish.
“Jessica, Eric and Maxwell are thrilled to welcome the new addition to their family,” Simpson’s rep told Us Weekly. Baby Ace was born via a scheduled C-section in Los Angeles, the news site added.
The singer-turned-fashionista Simpson, 32, and her NFL star beau, Johnson, 33, already share 14-month-old Maxwell together. Simpson revealed she was pregnant with baby number two in November when her daughter was only seven months old, Us Weekly reported. A few months later, in February, the “Irresistible” singer said she planned to name her baby “Ace,” but she didn’t confirm the child’s gender.
A month later, the famously absent-minded starlet let slip that she was having a boy during an appearance on ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” THR wrote. "I just feel awful, I've been vomiting," she said. "The crazy thing is, I never knew a wiener could actually make me nauseous." After catching herself, she added: "Well, I guess I just told the world I'm having a boy."
Kimmel quipped back, as if he didn’t realize what Simpson had said: "Oh, I didn't even know it was that. I thought maybe you were having a girl with a penis.”
Having a boy the second time around wasn’t the only difference the 32-year-old experienced with this pregnancy. "This pregnancy is the complete opposite," Simpson said during an interview with Ellen DeGeneres, Us Weekly reported. "Like with Maxwell, I felt amazing. Like I could do everything, eat everything. Do whatever I wanted. I had a lot of energy ... This time around… I'm like exhausted. Eating Tums. That's my snack of choice."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft