Britney Spears Releases ‘Smurftastic’ Sneak Peek of Ooh La La Music Video
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | June 29, 2013 10:09 PM EST
Pop princess Britney Spears has released a photograph of herself from the highly anticipated video to her single Ooh La La. Spears also released a lyrics video for the song; click here to see the video.
The 31-year-old singer's track will feature in the equally eagerly anticipated sequel to 2011's Smurfs - Smurfs 2 - which will release on 31 July. The video for the song will likely be released around the same time.
Speaking on the experience of filming the music video, the mother of two boys said she wanted to surprise her sons with her involvement in the film's soundtrack. She said both of them - Jayden James Federline and Sean Preston Federline - were big fans of the first film.
"I have always loved the Smurfs as a kid and now my boys are the biggest Smurfs fans ever. I wanted to surprise them with a song in the movie. I know they'll think it's Smurftastic," the singer was quoted as saying.
"We've seen The Smurfs movie a million trillion times and they were told they could be in the video and all this cool stuff, so that's the reason why I did it," she added.
Incidentally, the Smurfs' "biggest fans ever" have also been featured in the video. James and Sean play themselves and their mother believes their performance was "adorable".
"They were actually really, really good on-set. They were, like, acting, and my oldest son Preston was right on cue every time they would tell him to do something. They play themselves... When we did the actual shoot of the video I didn't see them, I was in hair and make-up, so later on I got to see what they actually did on camera and it was adorable," she gushed.
Meanwhile, the Baby One More Time singer has confirmed the release of her eighth studio album, which will feature Will.i.am. The as yet untitled album is expected later this year and Spears' collaborator is excited about the prospect.
"... we've had these juicy sessions, where we've been bonding, building the trust and comfort. I've never worked like this before - not even the Peas," he said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More