Britney Spears Releases ‘Smurftastic’ Sneak Peek of Ooh La La Music Video
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | June 29, 2013 10:09 PM EST
Pop princess Britney Spears has released a photograph of herself from the highly anticipated video to her single Ooh La La. Spears also released a lyrics video for the song; click here to see the video.
The 31-year-old singer's track will feature in the equally eagerly anticipated sequel to 2011's Smurfs - Smurfs 2 - which will release on 31 July. The video for the song will likely be released around the same time.
Speaking on the experience of filming the music video, the mother of two boys said she wanted to surprise her sons with her involvement in the film's soundtrack. She said both of them - Jayden James Federline and Sean Preston Federline - were big fans of the first film.
"I have always loved the Smurfs as a kid and now my boys are the biggest Smurfs fans ever. I wanted to surprise them with a song in the movie. I know they'll think it's Smurftastic," the singer was quoted as saying.
"We've seen The Smurfs movie a million trillion times and they were told they could be in the video and all this cool stuff, so that's the reason why I did it," she added.
Incidentally, the Smurfs' "biggest fans ever" have also been featured in the video. James and Sean play themselves and their mother believes their performance was "adorable".
"They were actually really, really good on-set. They were, like, acting, and my oldest son Preston was right on cue every time they would tell him to do something. They play themselves... When we did the actual shoot of the video I didn't see them, I was in hair and make-up, so later on I got to see what they actually did on camera and it was adorable," she gushed.
Meanwhile, the Baby One More Time singer has confirmed the release of her eighth studio album, which will feature Will.i.am. The as yet untitled album is expected later this year and Spears' collaborator is excited about the prospect.
"... we've had these juicy sessions, where we've been bonding, building the trust and comfort. I've never worked like this before - not even the Peas," he said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’