Britney Spears Releases ‘Smurftastic’ Sneak Peek of Ooh La La Music Video
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | June 29, 2013 10:09 PM EST
Pop princess Britney Spears has released a photograph of herself from the highly anticipated video to her single Ooh La La. Spears also released a lyrics video for the song; click here to see the video.
The 31-year-old singer's track will feature in the equally eagerly anticipated sequel to 2011's Smurfs - Smurfs 2 - which will release on 31 July. The video for the song will likely be released around the same time.
Speaking on the experience of filming the music video, the mother of two boys said she wanted to surprise her sons with her involvement in the film's soundtrack. She said both of them - Jayden James Federline and Sean Preston Federline - were big fans of the first film.
"I have always loved the Smurfs as a kid and now my boys are the biggest Smurfs fans ever. I wanted to surprise them with a song in the movie. I know they'll think it's Smurftastic," the singer was quoted as saying.
"We've seen The Smurfs movie a million trillion times and they were told they could be in the video and all this cool stuff, so that's the reason why I did it," she added.
Incidentally, the Smurfs' "biggest fans ever" have also been featured in the video. James and Sean play themselves and their mother believes their performance was "adorable".
"They were actually really, really good on-set. They were, like, acting, and my oldest son Preston was right on cue every time they would tell him to do something. They play themselves... When we did the actual shoot of the video I didn't see them, I was in hair and make-up, so later on I got to see what they actually did on camera and it was adorable," she gushed.
Meanwhile, the Baby One More Time singer has confirmed the release of her eighth studio album, which will feature Will.i.am. The as yet untitled album is expected later this year and Spears' collaborator is excited about the prospect.
"... we've had these juicy sessions, where we've been bonding, building the trust and comfort. I've never worked like this before - not even the Peas," he said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015