Robert Gill, Arizona Cardinals Rookie Receiver, Runs 25 MPH On Treadmill [VIDEO]
June 29, 2013 4:14 AM EST
Most of this week’s NFL news has centered around the ongoing Aaron Hernandez murder investigation. However, Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Robert Gill has found an unexpected (and thoroughly impressive) way of lightening the league’s mood.
As a 29-year-old rookie wide receiver, Gill is considered a long shot to make the Cardinals’ regular-season roster. Still, the 5-foot-10 flanker’s speed may earn him some consideration from teams desperate for a player who can stretch the field. In a new viral video, Gill gets onto a treadmill and runs at a speed of 25 miles per hour.
So, how does Gill’s 25 miles per hour treadmill performance stack up against world-class competition? Usain Bolt, widely considered to be the fastest sprinter in history, has been clocked running at 27.78 miles per hour, Runner’s World reports. Gill won’t be headed for the Olympics anytime soon, but his 25 miles per hour performance would certainly place him amongst the NFL’s elite speedsters.
Danton Barto, who coached against Gill in the Indoor Football League, could hardly believe the Texas State product’s speed. “This guy is flying by our guys,” Barto, now a St. Louis Rams scout, told AZCardinals.com. “The one thing you can’t teach is speed. And his speed was … you don’t see too many guys in your life as fast as Robert is.”
Normally, the ability to run a 40-yard dash in 4.22 seconds would all but guarantee a spot on an NFL roster. Unfortunately, the Cardinals possess one of the better receiving corps in the NFL. Gill will have to compete against talented commodities such as Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Roberts, and Michael Floyd to make the team.
Regardless of whether or not Gill takes the field on Sundays, the Cardinals receiver’s 25 miles per hour treadmill is a sight to behold. Check out the viral video below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4