Robert Gill, Arizona Cardinals Rookie Receiver, Runs 25 MPH On Treadmill [VIDEO]
June 29, 2013 4:14 AM EST
Most of this week’s NFL news has centered around the ongoing Aaron Hernandez murder investigation. However, Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Robert Gill has found an unexpected (and thoroughly impressive) way of lightening the league’s mood.
As a 29-year-old rookie wide receiver, Gill is considered a long shot to make the Cardinals’ regular-season roster. Still, the 5-foot-10 flanker’s speed may earn him some consideration from teams desperate for a player who can stretch the field. In a new viral video, Gill gets onto a treadmill and runs at a speed of 25 miles per hour.
So, how does Gill’s 25 miles per hour treadmill performance stack up against world-class competition? Usain Bolt, widely considered to be the fastest sprinter in history, has been clocked running at 27.78 miles per hour, Runner’s World reports. Gill won’t be headed for the Olympics anytime soon, but his 25 miles per hour performance would certainly place him amongst the NFL’s elite speedsters.
Danton Barto, who coached against Gill in the Indoor Football League, could hardly believe the Texas State product’s speed. “This guy is flying by our guys,” Barto, now a St. Louis Rams scout, told AZCardinals.com. “The one thing you can’t teach is speed. And his speed was … you don’t see too many guys in your life as fast as Robert is.”
Normally, the ability to run a 40-yard dash in 4.22 seconds would all but guarantee a spot on an NFL roster. Unfortunately, the Cardinals possess one of the better receiving corps in the NFL. Gill will have to compete against talented commodities such as Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Roberts, and Michael Floyd to make the team.
Regardless of whether or not Gill takes the field on Sundays, the Cardinals receiver’s 25 miles per hour treadmill is a sight to behold. Check out the viral video below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports