Robert Gill, Arizona Cardinals Rookie Receiver, Runs 25 MPH On Treadmill [VIDEO]
June 29, 2013 4:14 AM EST
Most of this week’s NFL news has centered around the ongoing Aaron Hernandez murder investigation. However, Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Robert Gill has found an unexpected (and thoroughly impressive) way of lightening the league’s mood.
As a 29-year-old rookie wide receiver, Gill is considered a long shot to make the Cardinals’ regular-season roster. Still, the 5-foot-10 flanker’s speed may earn him some consideration from teams desperate for a player who can stretch the field. In a new viral video, Gill gets onto a treadmill and runs at a speed of 25 miles per hour.
So, how does Gill’s 25 miles per hour treadmill performance stack up against world-class competition? Usain Bolt, widely considered to be the fastest sprinter in history, has been clocked running at 27.78 miles per hour, Runner’s World reports. Gill won’t be headed for the Olympics anytime soon, but his 25 miles per hour performance would certainly place him amongst the NFL’s elite speedsters.
Danton Barto, who coached against Gill in the Indoor Football League, could hardly believe the Texas State product’s speed. “This guy is flying by our guys,” Barto, now a St. Louis Rams scout, told AZCardinals.com. “The one thing you can’t teach is speed. And his speed was … you don’t see too many guys in your life as fast as Robert is.”
Normally, the ability to run a 40-yard dash in 4.22 seconds would all but guarantee a spot on an NFL roster. Unfortunately, the Cardinals possess one of the better receiving corps in the NFL. Gill will have to compete against talented commodities such as Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Roberts, and Michael Floyd to make the team.
Regardless of whether or not Gill takes the field on Sundays, the Cardinals receiver’s 25 miles per hour treadmill is a sight to behold. Check out the viral video below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage