Robert Gill, Arizona Cardinals Rookie Receiver, Runs 25 MPH On Treadmill [VIDEO]
June 29, 2013 4:14 AM EST
Most of this week’s NFL news has centered around the ongoing Aaron Hernandez murder investigation. However, Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Robert Gill has found an unexpected (and thoroughly impressive) way of lightening the league’s mood.
As a 29-year-old rookie wide receiver, Gill is considered a long shot to make the Cardinals’ regular-season roster. Still, the 5-foot-10 flanker’s speed may earn him some consideration from teams desperate for a player who can stretch the field. In a new viral video, Gill gets onto a treadmill and runs at a speed of 25 miles per hour.
So, how does Gill’s 25 miles per hour treadmill performance stack up against world-class competition? Usain Bolt, widely considered to be the fastest sprinter in history, has been clocked running at 27.78 miles per hour, Runner’s World reports. Gill won’t be headed for the Olympics anytime soon, but his 25 miles per hour performance would certainly place him amongst the NFL’s elite speedsters.
Danton Barto, who coached against Gill in the Indoor Football League, could hardly believe the Texas State product’s speed. “This guy is flying by our guys,” Barto, now a St. Louis Rams scout, told AZCardinals.com. “The one thing you can’t teach is speed. And his speed was … you don’t see too many guys in your life as fast as Robert is.”
Normally, the ability to run a 40-yard dash in 4.22 seconds would all but guarantee a spot on an NFL roster. Unfortunately, the Cardinals possess one of the better receiving corps in the NFL. Gill will have to compete against talented commodities such as Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Roberts, and Michael Floyd to make the team.
Regardless of whether or not Gill takes the field on Sundays, the Cardinals receiver’s 25 miles per hour treadmill is a sight to behold. Check out the viral video below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Manchester United Owners Set To Sell Club In £3B Deal After Acquiring Cristiano Ronaldo, Report Says
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia