How to Update Sony Xperia T LT30p to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with New Camera Features
By Ryan Inoyori | June 27, 2013 12:24 PM EST
CyanogenMod 10.1 from FreeXperia Project team for Sony Xperia T LT30p
- Latest CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware
- Improved camera features: High-dynamic range for photos, ISO modes, scene modes, Sony's image/video stabilisation
Warning: This is a custom ROM and developers are not responsible for any damages which occur on your device. Read and follow the instructions carefully to prevent damaging your phone. Do this at your own risk.
- Apply this update for Sony Xperia T LT30p only.
- Create a backup of all your personal settings and data files on your phone.
- Make sure that the battery level is at least 50 per cent.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your Xperia T.
- Unlock Boot loader of your Sony Xperia T.
- Download the Fastboot and ADB files on your computer.
- Create a nAndroid backup of your current ROM.
1. Connect your Sony Xperia T to the computer and copy the CM10.1 & Google Apps zip files you have downloaded to the SD card of your phone. Never extract any of those zip files.
2. Disconnect your phone from the computer and turn it off.
3. Extract the "boot.img" from the CM10.1 file then paste it inside the Fastboot file folder.
4. Boot the device into Fastboot mode. Press the Power key and when the purple LED light goes on, press the Volume Up key continuously till it boots into Fastboot mode.
5. Open a command window in the Fastboot file folder.
6. Type the following command line: fastboot flash boot boot.img
7. Then type this command line: fastboot reboot
8. As the device reboots, press the Volume up several times once you see the FXP logo and LED lights go on to enter Recovery mode.
9. Perform a full wipe on your Xperia T. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition." Then select "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
10. Now install CM10.1 ROM by selecting "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card" and choose the CM10.1 custom firmware you have copied on your device. Confirm the installation and do the same with the Google Apps package.
11. After the installation, go back to the main menu and select "reboot system now."
12. Wait patiently till the phone completes its first run on the custom ROM.
Well done! Your Sony Xperia T LT30p is running Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS using CyanogenMod 10.1 custom firmware.
For any questions or comments, send your feedback to the Sony Xperia T Free Xperia Project XDA page.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- 'Super Smash Bros' For Nintendo 3DS XL Can Hamper Gaming Experience Due To More Resistant Circle Pad
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate