How to Update Sony Xperia T LT30p to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with New Camera Features
By Ryan Inoyori | June 27, 2013 12:24 PM EST
CyanogenMod 10.1 from FreeXperia Project team for Sony Xperia T LT30p
- Latest CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware
- Improved camera features: High-dynamic range for photos, ISO modes, scene modes, Sony's image/video stabilisation
Warning: This is a custom ROM and developers are not responsible for any damages which occur on your device. Read and follow the instructions carefully to prevent damaging your phone. Do this at your own risk.
- Apply this update for Sony Xperia T LT30p only.
- Create a backup of all your personal settings and data files on your phone.
- Make sure that the battery level is at least 50 per cent.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your Xperia T.
- Unlock Boot loader of your Sony Xperia T.
- Download the Fastboot and ADB files on your computer.
- Create a nAndroid backup of your current ROM.
1. Connect your Sony Xperia T to the computer and copy the CM10.1 & Google Apps zip files you have downloaded to the SD card of your phone. Never extract any of those zip files.
2. Disconnect your phone from the computer and turn it off.
3. Extract the "boot.img" from the CM10.1 file then paste it inside the Fastboot file folder.
4. Boot the device into Fastboot mode. Press the Power key and when the purple LED light goes on, press the Volume Up key continuously till it boots into Fastboot mode.
5. Open a command window in the Fastboot file folder.
6. Type the following command line: fastboot flash boot boot.img
7. Then type this command line: fastboot reboot
8. As the device reboots, press the Volume up several times once you see the FXP logo and LED lights go on to enter Recovery mode.
9. Perform a full wipe on your Xperia T. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition." Then select "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
10. Now install CM10.1 ROM by selecting "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card" and choose the CM10.1 custom firmware you have copied on your device. Confirm the installation and do the same with the Google Apps package.
11. After the installation, go back to the main menu and select "reboot system now."
12. Wait patiently till the phone completes its first run on the custom ROM.
Well done! Your Sony Xperia T LT30p is running Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS using CyanogenMod 10.1 custom firmware.
For any questions or comments, send your feedback to the Sony Xperia T Free Xperia Project XDA page.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- PS4 News: An Update On Project Morpheus And 2 More Games Coming To It
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- ‘World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update For The Classes Including Druid, Rogue And Priest [WATCH VIDEO]
- LG G Flex vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- 'Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare' Details Exo Suit Options As A Potential Movie Leak Gets Spotted
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6