More Asus K009 and Google Nexus 7.2 Info Leak, Rumors on Release Date, 4G LTE and More Specs
By Precious Silva | June 27, 2013 11:29 AM EST
Google Nexus 7, a device manufactured under Asus, gave the market one of the best surprises yet. Released just July of last year, it took the industry by storm. Rumor has it that the next installment of the Nexus series will come out this July.
A number of names have sprung as to what the new Nexus will be called. Some rumored names include Nexus 7.2 and Nexus 7 2 and even Asus K009 when FCC listed a new device. Things seem to have quieted down as people wait for a few more days before the actual device comes out. Nonetheless, it is worth taking a look back to see the anticipated specs of the device.
Firstly, speculations still peg the product to be at an affordable price. There were also suggestions that Google will be releasing a 4G LTE version through the top three mobile carriers in the United States. LTE versions in other countries are still unsure.
Just last week, people spotted an ASUS tablet filing under the FCC. The device was linked to the new Nexus. The filed device reportedly has 4G LTE capacities unlike the first Nexus Installment. The filing also showed that Nexus 7.2 went through tests for several LTE bands including 2, 4, 5, 13 and 17. T-Mobile uses band 4, Verizon uses band 13 and AT&T uses band 17.
As the rumor has it, top carriers in the United States will be offering a 4G LTE version of the new Nexus 7. Sprint is using LTE band 25 so it might be impossible for the carrier to offer Nexus 7.2 yet. Other rumors include a 1080p display which could result to a higher price point.
There are also speculations saying the device will run on a Snapdragon 600 quad-core processor, a front and rear camera each shooting at 5 megapixels. Nexus will also be running on the latest Android Jelly Bean update. Google Nexus 7.2 will hit markets around mid-July.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28