Daniel Radcliffe's 'Frankenstein' Release Date Announced
By Diadem Pambid | June 27, 2013 10:21 AM EST
Emma Watson isn't the only former "Harry Potter" star busy with her latest films. The lead actor of "Harry Potter", Daniel Radcliffe is also set to debut another movie. Radcliffe's "Frankenstein" release date has finally been announced. What do "Potterheads" have to expect from Daniel's newest film?
Despite the end of "Harry Potter", the Golden Trio comprising of Emma Watson, Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint have constantly kept in touch with their fans. While Watson is busy becoming one bad-ass actress with her latest movies, Daniel and Rupert are keeping the mood slow.
For one, Daniel's next film "Frankenstein" is set to debut by October 17, 2014 which is obviously a while wait. According to Radcliffe, the film had the "far and away" script that came out of a "big studio" that fans would be delighted to see.
"Frankenstein" would be 20th Century Fox's modern take directed by BBC "Sherlock's" director, Paul McGuigan. The film had been adapted from Mary Shelley's renowned novel where Daniel Radcliffe stars as Igor, "The Hunchback."
Radcliffe's character has been described as "pathologically dirty and dressed in old clown's clothing." This is certainly a far cry from Daniel's other films where he had been impeccably dressed. Other films that fans of the former "Harry Potter" star should look forward to include "Horns."
"Horns" is also a film adaptation of Joe Hill's novel in 2010 that takes on the modern-day Narnia. Radcliffe takes on the role of a faun that "wakes up one day to find he has sprouted a pair of horns which give him the power to divine people's innermost secrets."
"It's a very, very different type of part [to] anything I've done before," says Radcliffe, adding, "To play somebody who, in the midst of a time in his life of great turmoil anyway, undergoes this horrific transformation into a devil character - it was very, very exciting."
Unlike "Frankenstein" which had been given a release date, "Horns" debut date is yet to be revealed. Given the release date of "Frankenstein" set for 2014, casting and filming is sure to begin any time this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown