Daniel Radcliffe's 'Frankenstein' Release Date Announced
By Diadem Pambid | June 27, 2013 10:21 AM EST
Emma Watson isn't the only former "Harry Potter" star busy with her latest films. The lead actor of "Harry Potter", Daniel Radcliffe is also set to debut another movie. Radcliffe's "Frankenstein" release date has finally been announced. What do "Potterheads" have to expect from Daniel's newest film?
Despite the end of "Harry Potter", the Golden Trio comprising of Emma Watson, Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint have constantly kept in touch with their fans. While Watson is busy becoming one bad-ass actress with her latest movies, Daniel and Rupert are keeping the mood slow.
For one, Daniel's next film "Frankenstein" is set to debut by October 17, 2014 which is obviously a while wait. According to Radcliffe, the film had the "far and away" script that came out of a "big studio" that fans would be delighted to see.
"Frankenstein" would be 20th Century Fox's modern take directed by BBC "Sherlock's" director, Paul McGuigan. The film had been adapted from Mary Shelley's renowned novel where Daniel Radcliffe stars as Igor, "The Hunchback."
Radcliffe's character has been described as "pathologically dirty and dressed in old clown's clothing." This is certainly a far cry from Daniel's other films where he had been impeccably dressed. Other films that fans of the former "Harry Potter" star should look forward to include "Horns."
"Horns" is also a film adaptation of Joe Hill's novel in 2010 that takes on the modern-day Narnia. Radcliffe takes on the role of a faun that "wakes up one day to find he has sprouted a pair of horns which give him the power to divine people's innermost secrets."
"It's a very, very different type of part [to] anything I've done before," says Radcliffe, adding, "To play somebody who, in the midst of a time in his life of great turmoil anyway, undergoes this horrific transformation into a devil character - it was very, very exciting."
Unlike "Frankenstein" which had been given a release date, "Horns" debut date is yet to be revealed. Given the release date of "Frankenstein" set for 2014, casting and filming is sure to begin any time this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate