Salman Khan Files: Actor to Update Status of Court Cases through New Website
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | June 26, 2013 4:37 PM EST
Bollywood actor Salman Khan has opened a website to put up information and latest updates on court cases filed against him.
The "Dabanng" star had recently set up the website after he noticed that the information given out in connection with the cases against him were misleading and inaccurate, which in turn affected him personally and professionally.
The actor then decided to open an online forum to let the public know about the progress in the pending cases. The website has been titled "The Salman Khan Files".
"We have created a website called salmankhanfiles.com and we will put out all the information pertaining to the case on the site. So that whoever wants to know the progress on the case can follow it there," Salman's spokesperson said, DNA reported.
Going into the details as to why he opened a website the actor wrote in The Salman Khan Files: "Certain court cases are filed against me. There is widespread media reporting of these cases. The reports are sometimes inaccurate and misleading, and cause damage to my reputation, both personal and professional. I have been advised to put up this website to provide easy accessible information about the ongoing status of these cases."
"This website will be updated by my advocates from time to time. It will not contain any information about the merits of the case, nor any comment. I encourage all those interested in knowing about these cases, particularly the media, to verify facts available on this website. I have the greatest respect for the law, the judiciary and the legal process. Nothing on this website is intended to influence anyone, the sole purpose being to present the facts, and status of the cases I am involved in," he added.
On Monday, a sessions court rejected Salman's petition challenging a metropolitan court order that slapped him with charges of culpable homicide not amounting to murder in the 2002 hit-and-run case. A hearing is scheduled for 19 July for "Framing of Charges", reported the website.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Anna Paquin Says She Took Home ‘Cute, English Dude’ Stephen Moyer From The Set Of “True Blood”
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Enzo To Have A Makeout Scene, Speculations Suggest Enzo and Caroline Get Cozy In New Season
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide