Salman Khan Files: Actor to Update Status of Court Cases through New Website
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | June 26, 2013 4:37 PM EST
Bollywood actor Salman Khan has opened a website to put up information and latest updates on court cases filed against him.
The "Dabanng" star had recently set up the website after he noticed that the information given out in connection with the cases against him were misleading and inaccurate, which in turn affected him personally and professionally.
The actor then decided to open an online forum to let the public know about the progress in the pending cases. The website has been titled "The Salman Khan Files".
"We have created a website called salmankhanfiles.com and we will put out all the information pertaining to the case on the site. So that whoever wants to know the progress on the case can follow it there," Salman's spokesperson said, DNA reported.
Going into the details as to why he opened a website the actor wrote in The Salman Khan Files: "Certain court cases are filed against me. There is widespread media reporting of these cases. The reports are sometimes inaccurate and misleading, and cause damage to my reputation, both personal and professional. I have been advised to put up this website to provide easy accessible information about the ongoing status of these cases."
"This website will be updated by my advocates from time to time. It will not contain any information about the merits of the case, nor any comment. I encourage all those interested in knowing about these cases, particularly the media, to verify facts available on this website. I have the greatest respect for the law, the judiciary and the legal process. Nothing on this website is intended to influence anyone, the sole purpose being to present the facts, and status of the cases I am involved in," he added.
On Monday, a sessions court rejected Salman's petition challenging a metropolitan court order that slapped him with charges of culpable homicide not amounting to murder in the 2002 hit-and-run case. A hearing is scheduled for 19 July for "Framing of Charges", reported the website.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop