Mom Faces Felony Charge For Helping Teen Skip School, Jackie Sevillano Allegedly Pretended To Be Boy’s Mother [PHOTO]
June 26, 2013 8:59 AM EST
A Washington state woman is facing a felony charge for calling her son’s school and pretending to be the mother of her son’s friend. The two boys skipped class to smoke marijuana, police said.
Jackie Sevillano, 32, has been charged with first-degree criminal impersonation after she allegedly called Park Place Middle School and Monroe High School in Monroe, Wash., to excuse her son and his friend, Matthew, from class, the Associated Press reports. On May 4, Sevillano identified herself as Matthew’s mother and said he had a doctor’s appointment, Snohomish County Deputy Prosecutor Walt Sowa said.
School officials became suspicious when they saw the two boys walking outside the school. They called Matthew's parents only to discover no one had given him permission to leave class. Matthew's mother “stated that at no time did she give anyone authority to excuse her son from school,” Monroe Police Officer Javier Patton wrote in a probable cause document.
“After a series of poorly constructed lies, she finally admitted to calling Monroe High School and falsely identifying herself as Matthew’s mother in an effort to support his truancy from school,” Patton said.
Matthew was tracked down by police who found him with another teen. They admitted to spending the day in an abandoned car dealership smoking marijuana, KIRO TV in Seattle reports.
Sevillano, who is listed on Facebook as a medical assistant at an acupuncture clinic, was charged with a felony after she rejected an offer to plead guilty to attempted first-degree criminal impersonation, a gross misdemeanor. According to her Facebook profile, Sevillano is married with three children. Her case continues.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Best Buy,Target And Amazon Offer Huge Discounts On Tablets Like iPad Air 2, Shield Tablet, Surface Pro 3 And More
- Canada Jetlines Files For C$50 Million Airline IPO