Mom Faces Felony Charge For Helping Teen Skip School, Jackie Sevillano Allegedly Pretended To Be Boy’s Mother [PHOTO]
June 26, 2013 8:59 AM EST
A Washington state woman is facing a felony charge for calling her son’s school and pretending to be the mother of her son’s friend. The two boys skipped class to smoke marijuana, police said.
Jackie Sevillano, 32, has been charged with first-degree criminal impersonation after she allegedly called Park Place Middle School and Monroe High School in Monroe, Wash., to excuse her son and his friend, Matthew, from class, the Associated Press reports. On May 4, Sevillano identified herself as Matthew’s mother and said he had a doctor’s appointment, Snohomish County Deputy Prosecutor Walt Sowa said.
School officials became suspicious when they saw the two boys walking outside the school. They called Matthew's parents only to discover no one had given him permission to leave class. Matthew's mother “stated that at no time did she give anyone authority to excuse her son from school,” Monroe Police Officer Javier Patton wrote in a probable cause document.
“After a series of poorly constructed lies, she finally admitted to calling Monroe High School and falsely identifying herself as Matthew’s mother in an effort to support his truancy from school,” Patton said.
Matthew was tracked down by police who found him with another teen. They admitted to spending the day in an abandoned car dealership smoking marijuana, KIRO TV in Seattle reports.
Sevillano, who is listed on Facebook as a medical assistant at an acupuncture clinic, was charged with a felony after she rejected an offer to plead guilty to attempted first-degree criminal impersonation, a gross misdemeanor. According to her Facebook profile, Sevillano is married with three children. Her case continues.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence