Is Rihanna A Poisonous Pop Princess? Singer Slams Daily Mail Writer Liz Jones And Calls Her A 'Menopausal Mess'
June 26, 2013 12:17 AM EST
Rihanna is known for being unapologetic, and made that very clear Monday night after Daily Mail columnist Liz Jones posted an unflattering article about the singer. In a lengthy article titled Pop's poisonous princess: “Glorying in drugs, guns and sleaze, Rihanna's toxic role model for her army of young fans, says LIZ JONES,” Jones describes Rihanna as a terrible role model.
She goes as far as saying that Rihanna “ promotes drug-taking, drinking and the sort of fashion sense on stage that surely invites rape at worst, disrespect at least.”
Jones then posts pictures of Rihanna kissing Britney Spears onstage from the 2011 Billboard Awards, her gun tattoo, her marijuana birthday cake from this year, and photos of Rihanna drinking and smoking. She even shares the horrific photo of Rihanna from the 2009 domestic incident with then-boyfriend Chris Brown and judges her for going back to someone who abused her.
The Daily Mail editor ends the article by saying, “I wish she’d stop infecting our High Streets with her gun tattoos, her false nails and fake hair, her bogus bad-ass shenanigans that try to portray her as ‘real’, as ‘street’, as her own person, as strong and single-minded... This poisonous pop princess should come with a government health warning.”
Rihanna did not take too kindly to Jones’ article, using Instagram to vent about the piece in an angry rant.
"LOL!!!! My money got a bad habit of pissing people off!! If you sincerely wanna help little girls more than their own parents do, here's a toxic tip: don't be amateur with your articles, you sound bitter [sic]! What's all this about hair and nails and costumes and tattoos?? ....That s--t ain't clever!!!
"That s--t ain't journalism! That's a sad sloppy menopausal mess!!! Nobody over here acts like they're perfect! I don't pretend that I'm like you, i just live...My life!! And I don't know why y'all still act so surprised by any of it!!
"Role Model" is not a position or title that I have ever campaigned for, so chill wit dat! I got my own f----d up s--t to work on, I'll never portray that as perfect, but for right now it's ME!! Call it what ya want!! Toxic was cute, Poisonous Pop Princess had a nice ring to it, just a lil wordy!”
Jones has not replied.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown