Is Rihanna A Poisonous Pop Princess? Singer Slams Daily Mail Writer Liz Jones And Calls Her A 'Menopausal Mess'
June 26, 2013 12:17 AM EST
Rihanna is known for being unapologetic, and made that very clear Monday night after Daily Mail columnist Liz Jones posted an unflattering article about the singer. In a lengthy article titled Pop's poisonous princess: “Glorying in drugs, guns and sleaze, Rihanna's toxic role model for her army of young fans, says LIZ JONES,” Jones describes Rihanna as a terrible role model.
She goes as far as saying that Rihanna “ promotes drug-taking, drinking and the sort of fashion sense on stage that surely invites rape at worst, disrespect at least.”
Jones then posts pictures of Rihanna kissing Britney Spears onstage from the 2011 Billboard Awards, her gun tattoo, her marijuana birthday cake from this year, and photos of Rihanna drinking and smoking. She even shares the horrific photo of Rihanna from the 2009 domestic incident with then-boyfriend Chris Brown and judges her for going back to someone who abused her.
The Daily Mail editor ends the article by saying, “I wish she’d stop infecting our High Streets with her gun tattoos, her false nails and fake hair, her bogus bad-ass shenanigans that try to portray her as ‘real’, as ‘street’, as her own person, as strong and single-minded... This poisonous pop princess should come with a government health warning.”
Rihanna did not take too kindly to Jones’ article, using Instagram to vent about the piece in an angry rant.
"LOL!!!! My money got a bad habit of pissing people off!! If you sincerely wanna help little girls more than their own parents do, here's a toxic tip: don't be amateur with your articles, you sound bitter [sic]! What's all this about hair and nails and costumes and tattoos?? ....That s--t ain't clever!!!
"That s--t ain't journalism! That's a sad sloppy menopausal mess!!! Nobody over here acts like they're perfect! I don't pretend that I'm like you, i just live...My life!! And I don't know why y'all still act so surprised by any of it!!
"Role Model" is not a position or title that I have ever campaigned for, so chill wit dat! I got my own f----d up s--t to work on, I'll never portray that as perfect, but for right now it's ME!! Call it what ya want!! Toxic was cute, Poisonous Pop Princess had a nice ring to it, just a lil wordy!”
Jones has not replied.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?