Is Rihanna A Poisonous Pop Princess? Singer Slams Daily Mail Writer Liz Jones And Calls Her A 'Menopausal Mess'
June 26, 2013 12:17 AM EST
Rihanna is known for being unapologetic, and made that very clear Monday night after Daily Mail columnist Liz Jones posted an unflattering article about the singer. In a lengthy article titled Pop's poisonous princess: “Glorying in drugs, guns and sleaze, Rihanna's toxic role model for her army of young fans, says LIZ JONES,” Jones describes Rihanna as a terrible role model.
She goes as far as saying that Rihanna “ promotes drug-taking, drinking and the sort of fashion sense on stage that surely invites rape at worst, disrespect at least.”
Jones then posts pictures of Rihanna kissing Britney Spears onstage from the 2011 Billboard Awards, her gun tattoo, her marijuana birthday cake from this year, and photos of Rihanna drinking and smoking. She even shares the horrific photo of Rihanna from the 2009 domestic incident with then-boyfriend Chris Brown and judges her for going back to someone who abused her.
The Daily Mail editor ends the article by saying, “I wish she’d stop infecting our High Streets with her gun tattoos, her false nails and fake hair, her bogus bad-ass shenanigans that try to portray her as ‘real’, as ‘street’, as her own person, as strong and single-minded... This poisonous pop princess should come with a government health warning.”
Rihanna did not take too kindly to Jones’ article, using Instagram to vent about the piece in an angry rant.
"LOL!!!! My money got a bad habit of pissing people off!! If you sincerely wanna help little girls more than their own parents do, here's a toxic tip: don't be amateur with your articles, you sound bitter [sic]! What's all this about hair and nails and costumes and tattoos?? ....That s--t ain't clever!!!
"That s--t ain't journalism! That's a sad sloppy menopausal mess!!! Nobody over here acts like they're perfect! I don't pretend that I'm like you, i just live...My life!! And I don't know why y'all still act so surprised by any of it!!
"Role Model" is not a position or title that I have ever campaigned for, so chill wit dat! I got my own f----d up s--t to work on, I'll never portray that as perfect, but for right now it's ME!! Call it what ya want!! Toxic was cute, Poisonous Pop Princess had a nice ring to it, just a lil wordy!”
Jones has not replied.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes