Robert Pattinson-Kristen Stewart: Source Claims Former Twilight Lovers to Consider Roles for 'Star Wars 7' ... ONLY When Asked

  • Rate this Story
  • 0
  • 0

By Floyd Allen | June 25, 2013 6:30 PM EST

 Who said they were being asked for Star Wars in the first place? A source reportedly claims that Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart have already been “blacklisted” as among the “top actors considered” for Star Wars : Episode VII.

Officials of the film, which casting calls last week was leaked, have allegedly been considering the Twilight lovers to join them in the galaxy. Only to be debunked by HollywoodLife.com, the same news outlet that first reported the former celebrity love birds were under study for the roles.

The couple, to cite the pink website, was in the running when a casting breakdown was sent out last week, describing the two roles. Apparently the description for the two lead stars fit the former lovers: "late-teen female, independent, good sense of humour, fit" while the other was "a late twenty something male, fit, handsome and confident."

HollywoodLife.com then ran the story of Rob and Kristen’s interest, citing its source: “No matter what any agent says or whatever a star says, they want to work with JJ Abrams and be a part of the Star Wars saga because it’s bound to be the biggest grossing new set of films of all time.”

The couple seemed to be always in the running when there’s new film making its casting calls. Considering their solid fan-base that never stopped to support them since Twilight began, it goes without saying that any project would want to have a piece of them.

“It’s a no brainer, but those at Disney and JJ want nothing to do with the hoopla and the reaction of the hardcore fans would have if Rob or Kristen were cast. They are being judged enough on every move they make that [producers] don’t want to make things hysterical to the fan base,” the website added, as noted by yahoo.com

But as expected, a turn of event and an “update” from the website claims that they are not interested. Rob and Kristen, it said, “are not feeling very Star Wars” these days.

With its unnamed source, HollywoodLife.com retracted earlier reports and said: “They aren’t thinking of Star Wars themselves right now, but if it was offered to them, they would 100% talk to executives, JJ and Disney. It would be foolish for them not to take that call.”

The Latino Post however, has provided more names of the stars who are interested to be part of the hit trilogy. Big names have come out expressing desires in the new installment. These include Dwayne Johnson, Kelly Russell (or is it Keri Russell), Sam Witwer, Diane Krugerand Ian McDiarmid. If Robert is really not interested, Star Wards fans should not worry as there are speculations that English, hot actor, Jonathan Rhys Meyers who impressed in ‘From Paris with Love’ is reported to play a part in the latest series.

And if you’re wondering if Harrison Ford would be in the film? Reports say, he could be joining Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill to “reprise their roles from the original trilogy. But then again, everything is still “hush, hush” and no confirmation has been given from any of these big names and from the film’s officials. Star Wars, written by Michael Arndt, is set to begin production in 2014 and is scheduled for release in 2015.

One thing for sure, Robert and Kristen will have no part of it.

Don’t MISS! You Might Also Like to READ:

'Homeland' Season 3 Spoiler! Story Plot Revealed - -Where is Nick Brody? Where Has Carrie Mathison Hidden Him? [PHOTOS/VIDEO] Full article HERE.
‘X-Factor’ USA 2013: Demi Lovato Opens Up About Father’s Death, Says She “Feels Humbled by Support” [PHOTOS] Full article HERE.
EXCLUSIVE! Omar Borkan Al Gala: Internet Sensation Reveals his ROOTS and More Plans [PHOTOS] Full article HERE.

To contact the editor, e-mail:

  • Rate this Story
  • 0
  • 0
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.com.au, the business news leader

Join the Conversation

IBTimes TV
E-Newsletters

We value your privacy. Your email address will not be shared.