Fifty Shades of Grey: Robert Pattinson Sparks Casting Rumours After "He Invites E.L. James To Star-Studded Party"
By Simi John | June 25, 2013 6:18 PM EST
Robert Pattinson has sparked rumours that he has been chosen to play the role of Christian Grey in the film version of EL James's best-selling book, Fifty Shades of Grey, after inviting the book's author to a party he was hosting.
The 27-year-old Twilight fame actor threw a Great Gatsby themed birthday party for his friend and Arbitrage director Nick Jarecki, at his Los Feliz, Hollywood mansion. Pattinson's friend Todd Michael Schultz, a singer/songwriter, who was present at the party, revealed the detail's of the high-profile event.
"It was a really good party. Trust me, it was the best people," he told Hollywood Life, adding, "EL James was there, she was really cool. Dianne Warren, the songwriter, was there. Lisa Zane sang a few songs. Warren Beatty was there, chilling with EL James."
James, whose real name is Erika Mitchell, had previously said that her triology books was partly inspired by Twilight. However, she admitted that casting Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, who played lead characters Edward Cullen and Bella Swan in the vampire-themed fantasy film, would be "weird".
"I think it would be too strange! It would just be . . . Ugh, weird," she said.
Pattinson later joked about the reports, that James snubbed him for the role.
"I think the author has written me out of it. I saw some interview earlier and they went, oh, it could never be him," he said, "I'm like, 'Hey, I'm going to make you pay for that!'"
Meanwhile, British visual artist and filmmaker, Sam Taylor-Johnson, will be directing Fifty Shades of Grey.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change