2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Spied With More Detail
By Car Advice | June 25, 2013 1:16 PM EST
The 2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class continues to gradually reveal itself with spy photographers this time getting good shots of the new sedan's grille and front end.
Benz's latest-generation rival for the BMW 3 Series is tipped to be revealed at the 2014 Detroit motor show in January before reaching European showrooms mid year, and likely second half for Australia.
The new Mercedes-Benz C-Class will grow in size to create more rear legroom and to distance the company's volume-selling vehicle from the new A-Class hatch-based CLA that is slightly longer than the current C-Class.
Four body styles will eventually be offered, with a wagon (late 2014), a coupe rumoured to bring back the CLK badge (2015), and a convertible (2016) - all helping Mercedes to match the expansive 3 Series line-up.
A hybrid drivetrain and all-wheel drive will also become available globally.
The last-generation C-Class needed a mid-life update to bring a more luxurious feel to its interior, but expect the mid-sized Benz to deliver a suitable cabin from the off this time.
There will also be plenty of technology features cascading down from the bigger E-Class and S-Class.
It's a relatively busy time coming up for the mid-sized luxury segment. A new Lexus IS launches locally in July, and an all-new Audi A4 will also be released in 2014.
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- US Alerts Car Owners To Fix Air Bags Urgently As Defective Air Bags Are Causing Fatal Deaths With Shrapnels Flying Out
- Honda Connect a System Based on Android and NVIDIA Tegra Processor To make Driving Easy
- Over 1,000 New Jobs Available at Oakville Assembly – Ford of Canada
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Upcoming Ford Falcon Can Save Life with 000 Technology During Crash
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'