2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Spied With More Detail
By Car Advice | June 25, 2013 1:16 PM EST
The 2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class continues to gradually reveal itself with spy photographers this time getting good shots of the new sedan's grille and front end.
Benz's latest-generation rival for the BMW 3 Series is tipped to be revealed at the 2014 Detroit motor show in January before reaching European showrooms mid year, and likely second half for Australia.
The new Mercedes-Benz C-Class will grow in size to create more rear legroom and to distance the company's volume-selling vehicle from the new A-Class hatch-based CLA that is slightly longer than the current C-Class.
Four body styles will eventually be offered, with a wagon (late 2014), a coupe rumoured to bring back the CLK badge (2015), and a convertible (2016) - all helping Mercedes to match the expansive 3 Series line-up.
A hybrid drivetrain and all-wheel drive will also become available globally.
The last-generation C-Class needed a mid-life update to bring a more luxurious feel to its interior, but expect the mid-sized Benz to deliver a suitable cabin from the off this time.
There will also be plenty of technology features cascading down from the bigger E-Class and S-Class.
It's a relatively busy time coming up for the mid-sized luxury segment. A new Lexus IS launches locally in July, and an all-new Audi A4 will also be released in 2014.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Upcoming Ford Falcon Can Save Life with 000 Technology During Crash
- All-New Mazda2 to Roll Out in Australia This Summer
- Much-Awaited Mazda MX-5 Limited Edition in Australia
- 75 Dead from China Car Parts Plant Blast, Poor Safety Measures Blamed
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?