2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Spied With More Detail
By Car Advice | June 25, 2013 1:16 PM EST
The 2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class continues to gradually reveal itself with spy photographers this time getting good shots of the new sedan's grille and front end.
Benz's latest-generation rival for the BMW 3 Series is tipped to be revealed at the 2014 Detroit motor show in January before reaching European showrooms mid year, and likely second half for Australia.
The new Mercedes-Benz C-Class will grow in size to create more rear legroom and to distance the company's volume-selling vehicle from the new A-Class hatch-based CLA that is slightly longer than the current C-Class.
Four body styles will eventually be offered, with a wagon (late 2014), a coupe rumoured to bring back the CLK badge (2015), and a convertible (2016) - all helping Mercedes to match the expansive 3 Series line-up.
A hybrid drivetrain and all-wheel drive will also become available globally.
The last-generation C-Class needed a mid-life update to bring a more luxurious feel to its interior, but expect the mid-sized Benz to deliver a suitable cabin from the off this time.
There will also be plenty of technology features cascading down from the bigger E-Class and S-Class.
It's a relatively busy time coming up for the mid-sized luxury segment. A new Lexus IS launches locally in July, and an all-new Audi A4 will also be released in 2014.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- US Alerts Car Owners To Fix Air Bags Urgently As Defective Air Bags Are Causing Fatal Deaths With Shrapnels Flying Out
- Honda Connect a System Based on Android and NVIDIA Tegra Processor To make Driving Easy
- Over 1,000 New Jobs Available at Oakville Assembly – Ford of Canada
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Upcoming Ford Falcon Can Save Life with 000 Technology During Crash
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices