2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Spied With More Detail
By Car Advice | June 25, 2013 1:16 PM EST
The 2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class continues to gradually reveal itself with spy photographers this time getting good shots of the new sedan's grille and front end.
Benz's latest-generation rival for the BMW 3 Series is tipped to be revealed at the 2014 Detroit motor show in January before reaching European showrooms mid year, and likely second half for Australia.
The new Mercedes-Benz C-Class will grow in size to create more rear legroom and to distance the company's volume-selling vehicle from the new A-Class hatch-based CLA that is slightly longer than the current C-Class.
Four body styles will eventually be offered, with a wagon (late 2014), a coupe rumoured to bring back the CLK badge (2015), and a convertible (2016) - all helping Mercedes to match the expansive 3 Series line-up.
A hybrid drivetrain and all-wheel drive will also become available globally.
The last-generation C-Class needed a mid-life update to bring a more luxurious feel to its interior, but expect the mid-sized Benz to deliver a suitable cabin from the off this time.
There will also be plenty of technology features cascading down from the bigger E-Class and S-Class.
It's a relatively busy time coming up for the mid-sized luxury segment. A new Lexus IS launches locally in July, and an all-new Audi A4 will also be released in 2014.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Subaru Recalls 600k SUVs Due to Brake Line Problems; Majority in the U.S., 100k in Canada
- Australian Car Owners Face New Mandatory Emissions Standards
- Viral Video Using Go Pro Camera: 'Longest Jump Story' [Watch YouTube Clip]
- Canada Launches World's First Waste-to-Biofuels and Chemicals Facility
- Greenest Auto Manufacturer in U.S. Now Hyundai, Honda Set Off Track
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install