2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Spied With More Detail
By Car Advice | June 25, 2013 1:16 PM EST
The 2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class continues to gradually reveal itself with spy photographers this time getting good shots of the new sedan's grille and front end.
Benz's latest-generation rival for the BMW 3 Series is tipped to be revealed at the 2014 Detroit motor show in January before reaching European showrooms mid year, and likely second half for Australia.
The new Mercedes-Benz C-Class will grow in size to create more rear legroom and to distance the company's volume-selling vehicle from the new A-Class hatch-based CLA that is slightly longer than the current C-Class.
Four body styles will eventually be offered, with a wagon (late 2014), a coupe rumoured to bring back the CLK badge (2015), and a convertible (2016) - all helping Mercedes to match the expansive 3 Series line-up.
A hybrid drivetrain and all-wheel drive will also become available globally.
The last-generation C-Class needed a mid-life update to bring a more luxurious feel to its interior, but expect the mid-sized Benz to deliver a suitable cabin from the off this time.
There will also be plenty of technology features cascading down from the bigger E-Class and S-Class.
It's a relatively busy time coming up for the mid-sized luxury segment. A new Lexus IS launches locally in July, and an all-new Audi A4 will also be released in 2014.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
- Kate Middleton, Kelly Brook Have 'Most Perfect Breasts' While Kim Kardashian, Rihanna Have 'Least Desirable' Breasts, New Survey Finds [SEE PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
Join the Conversation
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Upcoming Ford Falcon Can Save Life with 000 Technology During Crash
- All-New Mazda2 to Roll Out in Australia This Summer
- Much-Awaited Mazda MX-5 Limited Edition in Australia
- 75 Dead from China Car Parts Plant Blast, Poor Safety Measures Blamed
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6: Performance, Sales, iOS 8 and Android 5.0 L