Sony Xperia Z: Enhanced Smart Phone with Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Processor Coming Soon?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 25, 2013 1:07 PM EST
Current reports are claiming that the Sony Xperia Z smart phone will be enhanced with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor with the availability expected soon. Eldar Murtazin, a Russian editor at web site Mobile-Review, supported the claims when he revealed on Twitter about experiencing the Sony Xperia Z powered with the Snapdragon 800 processor.
Photo credit: Tumblr/cm-hoon
"Trying updated version of Xperia Z with Snapdragon 800. It's really fast :)," Murtazin wrote on his Twitter account @eldarmurtazin on Sunday, June 23. The source further added the prototype features a display similar to the HTC One smart phone's 1080p Super LCD 3 panel and the smart phone enhancement is already in progress.
Photo credit: Twitter/@eldarmurtazin
Sony generally ships its TFT LCD panels and Murtazin thinks this will be the situation on the refreshed Sony Xperia Z since the Super LCD 3 panels are only utilized in trial products. However, the TFT LCD has been criticized with weak blacks and terrible viewing angles.
An Xperia blog noted down that Sony Mobile has never launched a new processor in a refreshed smart phone version but the Japanese company is not a stranger in refurbishing the features and specs on their existing devices such as the Sony Xperia Arc S. There is a possibility that the company could now utilize a new Snapdragon chipset in revamped devices.
Though Eldar Murtazin had hit-and-miss predictions in the past, this time he might be right on the mark. The Xperia ZU and Sony Honami, Sony's two upcoming devices, are reportedly equipped with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor.
Sony has a scheduled event on Tuesday, June 25, in Germany where the refreshed Sony Xperia Z with Snapdragon 800 processor is expected to emerge as well as the Sony Xperia ZU. The reports surrounding technology giant Samsung's personal Snapdragon 800 smart phone reboot further boosts the tough competition with rival company Sony.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2