Sony Xperia Z: Enhanced Smart Phone with Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Processor Coming Soon?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 25, 2013 1:07 PM EST
Current reports are claiming that the Sony Xperia Z smart phone will be enhanced with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor with the availability expected soon. Eldar Murtazin, a Russian editor at web site Mobile-Review, supported the claims when he revealed on Twitter about experiencing the Sony Xperia Z powered with the Snapdragon 800 processor.
Photo credit: Tumblr/cm-hoon
"Trying updated version of Xperia Z with Snapdragon 800. It's really fast :)," Murtazin wrote on his Twitter account @eldarmurtazin on Sunday, June 23. The source further added the prototype features a display similar to the HTC One smart phone's 1080p Super LCD 3 panel and the smart phone enhancement is already in progress.
Photo credit: Twitter/@eldarmurtazin
Sony generally ships its TFT LCD panels and Murtazin thinks this will be the situation on the refreshed Sony Xperia Z since the Super LCD 3 panels are only utilized in trial products. However, the TFT LCD has been criticized with weak blacks and terrible viewing angles.
An Xperia blog noted down that Sony Mobile has never launched a new processor in a refreshed smart phone version but the Japanese company is not a stranger in refurbishing the features and specs on their existing devices such as the Sony Xperia Arc S. There is a possibility that the company could now utilize a new Snapdragon chipset in revamped devices.
Though Eldar Murtazin had hit-and-miss predictions in the past, this time he might be right on the mark. The Xperia ZU and Sony Honami, Sony's two upcoming devices, are reportedly equipped with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor.
Sony has a scheduled event on Tuesday, June 25, in Germany where the refreshed Sony Xperia Z with Snapdragon 800 processor is expected to emerge as well as the Sony Xperia ZU. The reports surrounding technology giant Samsung's personal Snapdragon 800 smart phone reboot further boosts the tough competition with rival company Sony.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including Character Undelete, Class Balancing And New Bug Fixes
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia