Sony Xperia Z: Enhanced Smart Phone with Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Processor Coming Soon?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 25, 2013 1:07 PM EST
Current reports are claiming that the Sony Xperia Z smart phone will be enhanced with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor with the availability expected soon. Eldar Murtazin, a Russian editor at web site Mobile-Review, supported the claims when he revealed on Twitter about experiencing the Sony Xperia Z powered with the Snapdragon 800 processor.
Photo credit: Tumblr/cm-hoon
"Trying updated version of Xperia Z with Snapdragon 800. It's really fast :)," Murtazin wrote on his Twitter account @eldarmurtazin on Sunday, June 23. The source further added the prototype features a display similar to the HTC One smart phone's 1080p Super LCD 3 panel and the smart phone enhancement is already in progress.
Photo credit: Twitter/@eldarmurtazin
Sony generally ships its TFT LCD panels and Murtazin thinks this will be the situation on the refreshed Sony Xperia Z since the Super LCD 3 panels are only utilized in trial products. However, the TFT LCD has been criticized with weak blacks and terrible viewing angles.
An Xperia blog noted down that Sony Mobile has never launched a new processor in a refreshed smart phone version but the Japanese company is not a stranger in refurbishing the features and specs on their existing devices such as the Sony Xperia Arc S. There is a possibility that the company could now utilize a new Snapdragon chipset in revamped devices.
Though Eldar Murtazin had hit-and-miss predictions in the past, this time he might be right on the mark. The Xperia ZU and Sony Honami, Sony's two upcoming devices, are reportedly equipped with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor.
Sony has a scheduled event on Tuesday, June 25, in Germany where the refreshed Sony Xperia Z with Snapdragon 800 processor is expected to emerge as well as the Sony Xperia ZU. The reports surrounding technology giant Samsung's personal Snapdragon 800 smart phone reboot further boosts the tough competition with rival company Sony.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- 7 New Video Games Set To Be Released On Sept. 2, 2014 Including ‘Warframe,’ 'Sims 4' And 'Dance Central Spotlight' [WATCH VIDEOS]
- A Curved Screen And 3G Connectivity Features of the Samsung’s Gear S Smartwatch
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leaked on Find My iPhone, Apple 'Outraged' But Says Systems 'Not Breached'
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged