Sony Xperia Z: Enhanced Smart Phone with Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Processor Coming Soon?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 25, 2013 1:07 PM EST
Current reports are claiming that the Sony Xperia Z smart phone will be enhanced with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor with the availability expected soon. Eldar Murtazin, a Russian editor at web site Mobile-Review, supported the claims when he revealed on Twitter about experiencing the Sony Xperia Z powered with the Snapdragon 800 processor.
Photo credit: Tumblr/cm-hoon
"Trying updated version of Xperia Z with Snapdragon 800. It's really fast :)," Murtazin wrote on his Twitter account @eldarmurtazin on Sunday, June 23. The source further added the prototype features a display similar to the HTC One smart phone's 1080p Super LCD 3 panel and the smart phone enhancement is already in progress.
Photo credit: Twitter/@eldarmurtazin
Sony generally ships its TFT LCD panels and Murtazin thinks this will be the situation on the refreshed Sony Xperia Z since the Super LCD 3 panels are only utilized in trial products. However, the TFT LCD has been criticized with weak blacks and terrible viewing angles.
An Xperia blog noted down that Sony Mobile has never launched a new processor in a refreshed smart phone version but the Japanese company is not a stranger in refurbishing the features and specs on their existing devices such as the Sony Xperia Arc S. There is a possibility that the company could now utilize a new Snapdragon chipset in revamped devices.
Though Eldar Murtazin had hit-and-miss predictions in the past, this time he might be right on the mark. The Xperia ZU and Sony Honami, Sony's two upcoming devices, are reportedly equipped with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor.
Sony has a scheduled event on Tuesday, June 25, in Germany where the refreshed Sony Xperia Z with Snapdragon 800 processor is expected to emerge as well as the Sony Xperia ZU. The reports surrounding technology giant Samsung's personal Snapdragon 800 smart phone reboot further boosts the tough competition with rival company Sony.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Gay And Lesbian Pregnancy Now Available As Alternative To Adoption
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1