Moto X to Take Over Nexus with Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie; Phone Accessories Emerge in Time to Hit 4 Carriers?
By Gilda Galang | June 25, 2013 11:40 AM EST
When it comes to Google's new Moto X phone, the thoughts and opinions of many are divided. There are some who see it as a potential Nexus replacement, ever since LG announced that it will no longer continue with the Nexus 5 with Google.
Others are concerned with the leaked specs being less impressive than what has been expected. However, Google aims to change that, with reports of the Moto X potentially setting itself apart as its own name, starting with the fact that it may be released with a pre-installed Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie OS.
Autoomobile.com reports that Google is aiming to treat Motorola as a separate company, to avoid turning off potential partners.
There hasn't been much word on the Nexus 5, and there have been speculations that Moto X can serve as that replacement. But one possibility for the Moto X phone to shine would be to have Nexus features with the addition of the Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie, which can potentially make for a pretty competitive phone.
Phone accessories come out after leaks of specs
After Motorola's confirmation of the Moto X phone, as well as the leaks of potential features and specs that can be expected, there are now emerging accessories that can be used for the phone.
Phones Review has found Skinomi, a site that offers several types of skin protectors for the Moto X phone, with the cheapest one pegged at $11.95 for the screen protector, while everything else is priced at $19.95, with the choice of skin protectors including TechSkin, Carbon Fiber Skin, Brushed Aluminum, Silver Carbon Fiber Skin, and more.
US Cellular included in the count of carriers?
It seems that the summer launch of the Moto X will include at least four carriers in the US, with Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, and the recently added to the list carrier US cellular, where the device came under the model number XT1055, according to Phandroid.
So far, only T-Mobile has not given any confirmations with regard to carrying the phone, though it seems that the Moto X won't exactly feature too much in competition, except for the fact that it may feature the Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie OS.
Most of its rumored specs are among those that can be seen in most smartphones today: 1.7 GHz dual-core processor, 720p HD resolution, 10-megapixel rear and 2-megapixel front camera, 16 GB of internal storage, and LTE.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family