Upcoming Google Nexus 7.2 Photo Leak, Asus K009 is the Next Generation 4G LTE Nexus Tablet?
By Precious Silva | June 24, 2013 1:29 PM EST
The new Asus K009 has been creating a lot of buzz particularly because the rumor mill says it is 4G LTE version of the next generation Nexus 7 tablet. While there are no confirmations yet from Google, a Bluetooth Special Interest Group filing for the device has also been spotted.
According to a report from Eastern Morning Herald, the photo can be the first possible glimpse of the much awaited 7.2 edition of the Nexus tablet. The device is expected to hit stores July of this year. All these speculations about the Asus K009 being the next Nexus 7 started last week.
Two Asus devices, namely the K008 and the K009 were listed under the Bluetooth SIG and FCC certifications. Filing of the K009 under the Bluetooth SIG does not directly confirm that it is the tablet for Nexus but the filing is too coincidental for observes. Nexus is slated to be released this July and the filing just came in time.
Google and Asus did not confirm anything but there was a leaked photo along with the filing. Eastern Morning Herald reports that the photo suggests Google Nexus 7.2 will look very much like the previous edition. Speculations also note processor specs to include Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 quad-core instead of the Nvidia Tegra quad-core.
Many are still hoping the Google will come up with a more interesting processor setup for the tablet. Previously, it was rumored that Google will be using the Tegra 3 quad-core in the initial Nexus instead of the Qualcomm powertrain of some sort. Now the Qualcomm is making its presence felt once more with the 7.2 edition.
Assuming that the leak is real, sales and appeal of the Nexus 7 are uncertain. Feature placements and design language almost the same as the first will not offer consumers anything. Other specifications the Nexus 7 will supposedly include are: 7-inch display, 1080p, 1.9 megapixel camera, 5 megapixel rear camera, Wi-fi /4G LTE versions and a 4,000 mAh battery.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS