Upcoming Google Nexus 7.2 Photo Leak, Asus K009 is the Next Generation 4G LTE Nexus Tablet?
By Precious Silva | June 24, 2013 1:29 PM EST
The new Asus K009 has been creating a lot of buzz particularly because the rumor mill says it is 4G LTE version of the next generation Nexus 7 tablet. While there are no confirmations yet from Google, a Bluetooth Special Interest Group filing for the device has also been spotted.
According to a report from Eastern Morning Herald, the photo can be the first possible glimpse of the much awaited 7.2 edition of the Nexus tablet. The device is expected to hit stores July of this year. All these speculations about the Asus K009 being the next Nexus 7 started last week.
Two Asus devices, namely the K008 and the K009 were listed under the Bluetooth SIG and FCC certifications. Filing of the K009 under the Bluetooth SIG does not directly confirm that it is the tablet for Nexus but the filing is too coincidental for observes. Nexus is slated to be released this July and the filing just came in time.
Google and Asus did not confirm anything but there was a leaked photo along with the filing. Eastern Morning Herald reports that the photo suggests Google Nexus 7.2 will look very much like the previous edition. Speculations also note processor specs to include Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 quad-core instead of the Nvidia Tegra quad-core.
Many are still hoping the Google will come up with a more interesting processor setup for the tablet. Previously, it was rumored that Google will be using the Tegra 3 quad-core in the initial Nexus instead of the Qualcomm powertrain of some sort. Now the Qualcomm is making its presence felt once more with the 7.2 edition.
Assuming that the leak is real, sales and appeal of the Nexus 7 are uncertain. Feature placements and design language almost the same as the first will not offer consumers anything. Other specifications the Nexus 7 will supposedly include are: 7-inch display, 1080p, 1.9 megapixel camera, 5 megapixel rear camera, Wi-fi /4G LTE versions and a 4,000 mAh battery.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock May Reach $150; First Trillion Company Talks, iPhone 6 and Apple Watch Boost Price
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan