PS4 Vs. Xbox One: Pre-Orders For Each Console Reached 2,500 Per Minute On Amazon
June 22, 2013 3:47 AM EST
Surprise surprise! Pre-orders for both the PS4 and Xbox One have done very well on Amazon, according to multiple reports. To this point, the PS4 and Xbox One reached a peak of 2,500 pre-orders per minute. That's an astounding number.
While the PlayStation 4 has received massive amounts of positive press during and after E3 2013, spearheaded but its pro-consumer policies with respect to used games and DRM, the Xbox One's image has experienced a downward trajectory, mainly due to its opposite stances on used games, higher price ($499 for the Xbox One vs. $399 for the PS4) and Internet connectivity requirements. However, that apparently wasn't enough to deter the Xbox One's pre-order numbers from being as equally impressive as the PS4's, if not more so.
Microsoft has since reversed course on used games and Internet connectivity requirements, announcing that the Xbox One will approach used games the same way the Xbox 360 does, and that there would be no Internet connectivity requirement. However, those changes came with three big compromises, which you can read about here.
Official release dates for the PS4 and Xbox One have yet to be announced, but all signs point to a November launch, prior to Black Friday, the biggest shopping day of the year.
What do you think of the PS4's and Xbox One's pre-order numbers? Are you surprised that they were both as high as they were? Why or why not? What do you think of the PS4 and the Xbox One? Which console will you be getting and why? Sound off in the comments below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles