PS4 Vs. Xbox One: Pre-Orders For Each Console Reached 2,500 Per Minute On Amazon
June 22, 2013 3:47 AM EST
Surprise surprise! Pre-orders for both the PS4 and Xbox One have done very well on Amazon, according to multiple reports. To this point, the PS4 and Xbox One reached a peak of 2,500 pre-orders per minute. That's an astounding number.
While the PlayStation 4 has received massive amounts of positive press during and after E3 2013, spearheaded but its pro-consumer policies with respect to used games and DRM, the Xbox One's image has experienced a downward trajectory, mainly due to its opposite stances on used games, higher price ($499 for the Xbox One vs. $399 for the PS4) and Internet connectivity requirements. However, that apparently wasn't enough to deter the Xbox One's pre-order numbers from being as equally impressive as the PS4's, if not more so.
Microsoft has since reversed course on used games and Internet connectivity requirements, announcing that the Xbox One will approach used games the same way the Xbox 360 does, and that there would be no Internet connectivity requirement. However, those changes came with three big compromises, which you can read about here.
Official release dates for the PS4 and Xbox One have yet to be announced, but all signs point to a November launch, prior to Black Friday, the biggest shopping day of the year.
What do you think of the PS4's and Xbox One's pre-order numbers? Are you surprised that they were both as high as they were? Why or why not? What do you think of the PS4 and the Xbox One? Which console will you be getting and why? Sound off in the comments below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Xbox One News: Games with Gold for August Announced; Updates for Progress in China
- The SIMS 4 on Sept 2 Release: Low Demands Specs, No Toddlers or Pools and 3 Premium Packs
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell