PS4 Vs. Xbox One: Pre-Orders For Each Console Reached 2,500 Per Minute On Amazon
June 22, 2013 3:47 AM EST
Surprise surprise! Pre-orders for both the PS4 and Xbox One have done very well on Amazon, according to multiple reports. To this point, the PS4 and Xbox One reached a peak of 2,500 pre-orders per minute. That's an astounding number.
While the PlayStation 4 has received massive amounts of positive press during and after E3 2013, spearheaded but its pro-consumer policies with respect to used games and DRM, the Xbox One's image has experienced a downward trajectory, mainly due to its opposite stances on used games, higher price ($499 for the Xbox One vs. $399 for the PS4) and Internet connectivity requirements. However, that apparently wasn't enough to deter the Xbox One's pre-order numbers from being as equally impressive as the PS4's, if not more so.
Microsoft has since reversed course on used games and Internet connectivity requirements, announcing that the Xbox One will approach used games the same way the Xbox 360 does, and that there would be no Internet connectivity requirement. However, those changes came with three big compromises, which you can read about here.
Official release dates for the PS4 and Xbox One have yet to be announced, but all signs point to a November launch, prior to Black Friday, the biggest shopping day of the year.
What do you think of the PS4's and Xbox One's pre-order numbers? Are you surprised that they were both as high as they were? Why or why not? What do you think of the PS4 and the Xbox One? Which console will you be getting and why? Sound off in the comments below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS