PS4 Vs. Xbox One: Pre-Orders For Each Console Reached 2,500 Per Minute On Amazon
June 22, 2013 3:47 AM EST
Surprise surprise! Pre-orders for both the PS4 and Xbox One have done very well on Amazon, according to multiple reports. To this point, the PS4 and Xbox One reached a peak of 2,500 pre-orders per minute. That's an astounding number.
While the PlayStation 4 has received massive amounts of positive press during and after E3 2013, spearheaded but its pro-consumer policies with respect to used games and DRM, the Xbox One's image has experienced a downward trajectory, mainly due to its opposite stances on used games, higher price ($499 for the Xbox One vs. $399 for the PS4) and Internet connectivity requirements. However, that apparently wasn't enough to deter the Xbox One's pre-order numbers from being as equally impressive as the PS4's, if not more so.
Microsoft has since reversed course on used games and Internet connectivity requirements, announcing that the Xbox One will approach used games the same way the Xbox 360 does, and that there would be no Internet connectivity requirement. However, those changes came with three big compromises, which you can read about here.
Official release dates for the PS4 and Xbox One have yet to be announced, but all signs point to a November launch, prior to Black Friday, the biggest shopping day of the year.
What do you think of the PS4's and Xbox One's pre-order numbers? Are you surprised that they were both as high as they were? Why or why not? What do you think of the PS4 and the Xbox One? Which console will you be getting and why? Sound off in the comments below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Meet 3 New 'Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire' Mega Evolutions And Legendary Rayquaza
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date