PS4 Vs. Xbox One: Pre-Orders For Each Console Reached 2,500 Per Minute On Amazon
June 22, 2013 3:47 AM EST
Surprise surprise! Pre-orders for both the PS4 and Xbox One have done very well on Amazon, according to multiple reports. To this point, the PS4 and Xbox One reached a peak of 2,500 pre-orders per minute. That's an astounding number.
While the PlayStation 4 has received massive amounts of positive press during and after E3 2013, spearheaded but its pro-consumer policies with respect to used games and DRM, the Xbox One's image has experienced a downward trajectory, mainly due to its opposite stances on used games, higher price ($499 for the Xbox One vs. $399 for the PS4) and Internet connectivity requirements. However, that apparently wasn't enough to deter the Xbox One's pre-order numbers from being as equally impressive as the PS4's, if not more so.
Microsoft has since reversed course on used games and Internet connectivity requirements, announcing that the Xbox One will approach used games the same way the Xbox 360 does, and that there would be no Internet connectivity requirement. However, those changes came with three big compromises, which you can read about here.
Official release dates for the PS4 and Xbox One have yet to be announced, but all signs point to a November launch, prior to Black Friday, the biggest shopping day of the year.
What do you think of the PS4's and Xbox One's pre-order numbers? Are you surprised that they were both as high as they were? Why or why not? What do you think of the PS4 and the Xbox One? Which console will you be getting and why? Sound off in the comments below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire News: Meet Professor Birch Plus X and Y Updates
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition: Flemeth, Tallis, the Warden and Champion of Kirkwall Possible Appearances
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People