Russian Oil Concern Rosneft Agrees To Double Oil Shipments To China, Shifting Focus From Struggling Europe
June 21, 2013 11:45 PM EST
Moscow-based Rosneft NK OAO (MCX:ROSN) is doubling down on China’s hunger for crude.
The company announced Friday it has inked a deal worth hundreds of billions of dollars that will vastly increase Rosneft's “long-term crude oil supply contracts to China” via the China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC). The deal, which by the second half of this decade will double Rosneft’s crude shipments to China to 600,000 barrels per day and continue at that level for 25 years, was so important to the two countries that Russian President Vladimir Putin and Zhang Gaoli, first vice premier of the People's Republic of China, ceremoniously signed the deal Thursday during the Saint Petersburg International Economic Forum.
"The estimated value of the deal is $270 billion," Igor Sechin, board chairman, president and director of the state-owned energy concern, said at a press conference in St. Petersburg Friday, as reported by Reuters.
In recent years Russia has been shifting its energy exports emphasis to the east while Europe's economy contracts under the stress of its sovereign debt crisis that has lowered manufacturing output and thus demand for oil and gas from the energy rich Russian Federation.
Rosneft is already exporting about 750,00 barrels per day to Asia out of its total daily exports of 4.4 million barrels per day.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Complete List Of TV Shows Premiere Dates – Fall 2014: ‘The Walking Dead’, ‘Homeland’, ‘The Big Bang Theory’ And Many More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 17, 2014: Hope Gets The Shock Of Her Life When She Finds Out About What Quinn Did In Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Champions League: Chelsea v Schalke 04 Live Stream, Preview, Squad And Injury Updates, Schedule
- ‘World Of Warcraft’ Extends The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff Until The ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Pre-Patch 6.0.2 Release After Updating The 6.0.2 Public Test Realm Patch Notes [WATCH VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet