Honda Motorcycle Unveils Dream Yuga for ₹45,101
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | June 21, 2013 7:31 PM EST
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) India, the Indian subsidiary of the Japanese two wheeler giant on Thursday launched a new edition of its entry-level Dream Yuga with a price tag of ₹45,101 (ex-showroom price in Delhi).
The all new Dream Yuga which is launched in three variants - Kick/Drum/Spoke, Kick/Drum/Alloy and Self/Drum/Alloy comes with Honda Eco Technology (HET) will be available in five exciting colours - Black, Monsoon Grey Metallic, Alpha Red Metallic, Force Silver Metallic and Maple Brown Metallic.
"Dream Yuga has sold three lakh units within the first year of its launch. We have been deeply encouraged by the consumer response," said HMSI Vice President (Sales & Marketing) Yadvinder S Guleria.
The new edition motorcycle also features tubeless tyres (optional) viscous air filter and maintenance free battery. Other specifications include 109cc 4-Stroke HET engine which churns out a power of 8.5 Bhp at 7500 rpm and 8.91 Nm at 5500 rpm torque.
Honda has been under constant pressure of maintaining its market share ever since it parted ways with Hero MotoCorp. Now, the company hopes to revive the entry level motorbike market with its Dream Yuga and Neo models. Earlier in April, Honda had launched its cheapest two-wheeler Dream Neo for ₹43,150. The bike is powered by a 100cc engine, produces a power of 8.36 PS at 7,500 rpm and a peak torque of 8.633 Nm at 5,500 rpm. The vehicle comes in six shades which include Black with Red Stripes, Black with Violet Stripes, Force Silver Metallic, Monsoon Grey Metallic, Midnight Blue Metallic and Alpha Red Metallic. Honda Dream Neo is a strong a contender to Hero Motorcorp's Splendor.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- New Zealand's Largest Snack Food Company Bought for NZ$700 Million
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June