Honda Motorcycle Unveils Dream Yuga for ₹45,101
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | June 21, 2013 7:31 PM EST
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) India, the Indian subsidiary of the Japanese two wheeler giant on Thursday launched a new edition of its entry-level Dream Yuga with a price tag of ₹45,101 (ex-showroom price in Delhi).
The all new Dream Yuga which is launched in three variants - Kick/Drum/Spoke, Kick/Drum/Alloy and Self/Drum/Alloy comes with Honda Eco Technology (HET) will be available in five exciting colours - Black, Monsoon Grey Metallic, Alpha Red Metallic, Force Silver Metallic and Maple Brown Metallic.
"Dream Yuga has sold three lakh units within the first year of its launch. We have been deeply encouraged by the consumer response," said HMSI Vice President (Sales & Marketing) Yadvinder S Guleria.
The new edition motorcycle also features tubeless tyres (optional) viscous air filter and maintenance free battery. Other specifications include 109cc 4-Stroke HET engine which churns out a power of 8.5 Bhp at 7500 rpm and 8.91 Nm at 5500 rpm torque.
Honda has been under constant pressure of maintaining its market share ever since it parted ways with Hero MotoCorp. Now, the company hopes to revive the entry level motorbike market with its Dream Yuga and Neo models. Earlier in April, Honda had launched its cheapest two-wheeler Dream Neo for ₹43,150. The bike is powered by a 100cc engine, produces a power of 8.36 PS at 7,500 rpm and a peak torque of 8.633 Nm at 5,500 rpm. The vehicle comes in six shades which include Black with Red Stripes, Black with Violet Stripes, Force Silver Metallic, Monsoon Grey Metallic, Midnight Blue Metallic and Alpha Red Metallic. Honda Dream Neo is a strong a contender to Hero Motorcorp's Splendor.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc Shifting to 'Lifestyle Brand' Under Tim Cook; Samsung Losing Smartphone Numbers War
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff