Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Sonakshi Sinha, Ranveer Singh Set To Celebrate 100 Years Of Indian Cinema
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | June 21, 2013 6:33 PM EST
Deemed to be the 1st celebration of its kind worldwide, the event titled 100 Years of Indian Cinema Concert and Award is set to be held at the Sears Center Arena, Hoffman Estates at Chicago. The three day event will begin on 30 August.
Salman, Katrina, Sonakshi and Ranveer will rock the stage along with Prabhu Deva, who will also choreograph the show. Although, it is confirmed that the actors will perform at the event, it is not clear whether they will share space for a single performance.
Briefing about the event Sudesh Sonawane of Entertainment Synergies said, "Our focus is to celebrate 100 Years of Indian Cinema worldwide and beside the business meet we also plan to host an extravagant musical concert featuring leading playback singers Usha Mangeshkar, Krishna Beura and more from the Bollywood Industry who would mesmerize the audiences with a musical journey from 1913 till present," The Times of India reported.
"The event will also showcase performances by Bollywood actors Katrina Kaif, Ranveer Singh and other leading Bollywood celebrities being choreographed by Prabhu Deva at the Sears. But the main attraction of the event will the performance of Bollywood's superstar Salman Khan. The event will culminate with a live award ceremony honoring Bollywood legends," Sonawane added.
Speaking of Salman's popularity Sonawane said, "Rarely do we see a superstar like Salman. He's ruled the box office along with the hearts of millions of fans worldwide for over 2 decades. From Maine Pyar Kiya to Dabaang 2, one thing has remained constant and that is the Salman Khan mania. He's Bollywood's very own megastar and it's only fitting that Bollywood's biggest superstar is a part of 100 Years of Indian Cinema and Awards celebration!"
The event will kick off with a musical tribute to legendary playback singers and music directors from yesteryears to the contemporaries.
Going into the details, the organiser host of the event Monty Saiyed said, "The opening ceremony will begin with superstars of yesteryears walking the red carpet along with current Bollywood heart-throbs, giving fans a chance to see their favorite celebrities up-close. The event will follow up a live performances by Bollywood superstar Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Ranveer Singh, Sonakshi Sinha and Prabhu Deva. The function will also include an awards ceremony in honor of Bollywood's legends. Our motto is to dedicate the event exclusively to recognise, celebrate and honor people from the Bollywood industry."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan