U.S. Cellular and Verizon Releases Samsung Galaxy S3 Official Android 4.1.2 Update with Multi-Window Feature and New Google Security Patches
By Ryan Inoyori | June 21, 2013 1:47 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S3 variants from U.S. Cellular and Verizon Wireless both received an official Android 4.1.2 firmware update with multi-screen & multi-window feature, S Beam Auto Share Shot and new security patches from Google.
Verizon Wireless Android 4.1.2 Update
In May 2013, Verizon pushed an Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for Galaxy S3 with build number VRBMD3 having multi-window feature and other improvements. However, that update suffered LTE connectivity issues according to customer complains which pulled the update immediately.
Now Verizon Wireless addressed the issue by releasing a new official Android update with build number VRBMF1 featuring new Google security patches, multi-window & multi-screen functionality between apps and S Beam Auto Share Shot support for syncing two devices and sharing contents.
Owners of the Verizon Galaxy S3 may get the update by visiting the network's support page: Verizon Wireless Support. Both detailed information of the software update benefits and instructions are posted on the site.
U.S. Cellular Android 4.1.2 Update
U.S. Cellular also released an official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for their Samsung Galaxy S3. The firmware version is R530UVXAMD4 and features multi-window & multi-screen functionality, Smart Switch Support, latest gallery app, CPU boost through Jelly Bean OS, enhanced notifications bar, Project Butter and new customisation features.
Owners of the U.S. Cellular variant of the Galaxy S3 can get the official update through the device's software update option. Go to "Settings > About Phone > Software Updates > Check for Updates." Over-the-Air update requires a stable Wi-Fi connection and at least 50 per cent of battery life to avoid inconvenience.
If OTA is not pushing the update on your device, you can use the Samsung Kies PC Suite to manually upgrade the phone using a computer. Download the Samsung Kies on their Web site then install the executable file on your computer. Connect your Galaxy S3 to the computer using a USB cable and follow the instructions provided to you by the software.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best