U.S. Cellular and Verizon Releases Samsung Galaxy S3 Official Android 4.1.2 Update with Multi-Window Feature and New Google Security Patches
By Ryan Inoyori | June 21, 2013 1:47 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S3 variants from U.S. Cellular and Verizon Wireless both received an official Android 4.1.2 firmware update with multi-screen & multi-window feature, S Beam Auto Share Shot and new security patches from Google.
Verizon Wireless Android 4.1.2 Update
In May 2013, Verizon pushed an Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for Galaxy S3 with build number VRBMD3 having multi-window feature and other improvements. However, that update suffered LTE connectivity issues according to customer complains which pulled the update immediately.
Now Verizon Wireless addressed the issue by releasing a new official Android update with build number VRBMF1 featuring new Google security patches, multi-window & multi-screen functionality between apps and S Beam Auto Share Shot support for syncing two devices and sharing contents.
Owners of the Verizon Galaxy S3 may get the update by visiting the network's support page: Verizon Wireless Support. Both detailed information of the software update benefits and instructions are posted on the site.
U.S. Cellular Android 4.1.2 Update
U.S. Cellular also released an official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for their Samsung Galaxy S3. The firmware version is R530UVXAMD4 and features multi-window & multi-screen functionality, Smart Switch Support, latest gallery app, CPU boost through Jelly Bean OS, enhanced notifications bar, Project Butter and new customisation features.
Owners of the U.S. Cellular variant of the Galaxy S3 can get the official update through the device's software update option. Go to "Settings > About Phone > Software Updates > Check for Updates." Over-the-Air update requires a stable Wi-Fi connection and at least 50 per cent of battery life to avoid inconvenience.
If OTA is not pushing the update on your device, you can use the Samsung Kies PC Suite to manually upgrade the phone using a computer. Download the Samsung Kies on their Web site then install the executable file on your computer. Connect your Galaxy S3 to the computer using a USB cable and follow the instructions provided to you by the software.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness