Kid Rock On Justin Bieber: ‘I Kind Of Feel Bad For The Kid’
June 21, 2013 12:24 PM EST
It’s no secret that Justin Bieber is pretty unpopular with older musicians, but Kid Rock in particular appears to be gunning for a full-scale feud with the Canadian pop star.
Kid Rock (real name: Robert James Ritchie) appeared on “The Howard Stern Show” on Wednesday and dedicated a large portion of his air time to smack talk against Bieber. According to Rock, Bieber is exactly the same as mid-'90s one-hit-wonder Vanilla Ice.
"Tell me if this is wrong. Justin Bieber … is 100 percent like watching Vanilla Ice all over again," Rock said. "It's exactly the same. Well, as soon as Bieber has a hit, he'll be like Vanilla Ice."
In Bieber’s defense, however, the young pop star already has a few hits in his pocket. Bieber’s first main single, “Baby,” debuted at No. 5 on the Billboard Hot 100 charts, and his 2012 single “Boyfriend” beat that by debuting at No. 2. In contrast, Bieber’s individual songs may not be as popular as Vanilla Ice’s “Ice Ice Baby,” which debuted at No. 1, but Ice was never able to replicate that success, while Bieber has remained in the public eye since his 2009 debut.
Still, Kid Rock says that Bieber is too young and too inexperienced to handle his fame well. According to Kid Rock, Bieber is going to flame out very soon.
"The kid's young. He's got some money. He's got the world in his hands," Kid Rock said. "It's just kind of sad to see him go down this trajectory. It's gonna be a very long ride down ... We all know the story. I kind of feel for the kid, to be honest with you."
This is far from the first time that Kid Rock has bashed Bieber in the public sphere. In the June issue of GQ, Rock also alluded to Bieber’s recent experimentations with marijuana, stating that it won’t be too long before Bieber is introduced to harder drugs and loses control of his career.
"It's just a matter of time before someone puts a huge line of cocaine in front of Bieber, and he's going to be like, 'Yes! This is f--king awesome!" Rock said.
Watch Kid Rock’s full interview with Howard Stern below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid