Apple Inc (AAPL) Developing Liquid-Cooled Devices?
By Precious Silva | June 21, 2013 12:07 PM EST
Apple, HTC and Samsung have been battling it out in tech manufacturing for quite some time now. According to Digitimes, the competition may no longer be just on which company can produce the lightest and fastest devices. Rumor has it that the three companies are looking into developing liquid-cooled phones.
Just last May, the NEC Medias X 06 E was introduced in Japan. The phone features a liquid cooling system similar to the one used in ultrabooks. The phone's pipes measure only less than a millimeter. The release of the NEC Media X 06 spawned interest among tech manufacturers to venture into the same thing.
Additionally, the NEC Media phone proved to the market that liquid cooling is possible on smartphones. Apple is not going to let that one pass up. Liquid cooling is more efficient and effective than what smartphones use these days. Graphite radiators cannot provide the same optimal results are liquid coolers.
However, companies like Apple, HTC and Samsung are still looking into addressing the drawbacks of the system. Unlike graphic radiators, liquid cooling systems are challenging or demanding to maintain. They work well for ultrabooks but compacting them in mobile devices does not pose sure results.
Any leaks in the cooling system can mean the end for the device. Mobile phones or smartphones are more prone to leakage because of the extent of usage and construction. The processing power of smartphones increases by the day thus the importance of getting a more efficient and better cooling system.
Liquid cooling systems is becoming preferable option especially for sustaining the life and power of smartphones. It is safe to assume Samsung, Apple and HTC are already considering the inclusion of this system to their devices. As Intel works on developing a faster chip for mobile phones, liquid cooling is fast becoming the better alternative.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date