Australia Issues Warning: Two of Victoria’s Worst Sex Predators Escape Prison Facility
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | June 20, 2013 1:00 PM EST
Australia warned locals specially those residing in Victoria state of the escape from prison of two of its worst sex predators.
If not for the electronic monitoring bracelets that the two men are required to wear, authorities won't be able to know that 27-year-old Sean Andrew Carmody-Coyle and 26-year-old David Gregory Byrnes have escaped Corella Place just before midnight on Wednesday.
However, the electronic tracking bracelets only work within the facility. Corella Place is a transitional facility for sex offenders who have completed their prison sentences. Although both men have served their sentences, police still consider them potential nuisances to the community and its safety.
Mr Byrnes sexually assaulted a five-year-old boy inside a toilet cubicle at a shopping centre in 2004 when he was 18 years old.
Less information, meanwhile, is known about Mr Carmody-Coyle and his offense.
The men had "breached their court-ordered curfews and left the facility unaccompanied late last night," a Corrections Victoria spokesman confirmed.
"Both of these men have significant criminal histories and are considered violent sex offenders and are dangerous," acting Victoria Police Commander Neil Patterson has told Fairfax Radio, noting police are continuing an extensive search of the Ararat area for the men.
In May, Corrections Minister Edward O'Donohue announced the Corella Place residents would be the first to use GPS-enabled bracelets that could help law enforcement authorities track dangerous parolees and even those on sex-offender supervision orders as it tracks them wherever they are.
But they are scheduled to be introduced next month, July.
The existing electronic bracelets with Messrs Byrnes and Mr Carmody-Coyle use radio frequency technology but only when the offender is in a specific area. Outside the zone movements are untraceable.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- Teachers’ Strike in BC, Canada Stalls 1st Day of School; Labour Dispute Could Last Even After Labour Day
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged
- Australia Races Against Potential Genocide In Iraq
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase