Porsche Drives Cayman S to India for ₹92.27 Lakh
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | June 19, 2013 9:51 PM EST
The second generation of Cayman S looks stylish, long and powerful. The bookings for the car are open for customers in the county. Under the hood, the new Cayman packs 3.4 litre flat-six petrol engine which churns out a power of 321bhp and 37.7kgm of torque. The car is capable of attaining a top speed of 281 km/h when equipped with Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission.
"Ever since its international debut, the Cayman has been applauded for its excellent handling and performance. In fact, along with the Boxster, the model won the coveted 2013 World Performance Car award this March. It is built for driving through bends like few other sports cars and offers an outstanding sports car experience combined with the practicality of everyday driving," said Anil Reddi, Director of Porsche India.
The company claims that the new version of Cayman weighs 30kg less than its predecessor and offers more fuel efficiency. The vehcile looks sporty with its extended wheel base and 19-inch Cayman S wheels. The interiors have also been restyled and come with a 7-inch touchscreen in the cabin. Optional add-ons such as high-end Burmester audio system and bi-colour leather options enhance the exquisiteness of the vehicle.
"The PDK shifts without any interruption in propulsive power and it enables faster sprints and better fuel economy. The new Cayman S has a Sport button as standard that lets the driver choose between sport-oriented tuning and comfortable tuning that is optimised for fuel efficiency. In Sport mode, the electronic engine management system makes the engine respond even snappier, with more direct dynamic response of the engine," described the Business Standard of the car's technology.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage