Porsche Drives Cayman S to India for ₹92.27 Lakh
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | June 19, 2013 9:51 PM EST
The second generation of Cayman S looks stylish, long and powerful. The bookings for the car are open for customers in the county. Under the hood, the new Cayman packs 3.4 litre flat-six petrol engine which churns out a power of 321bhp and 37.7kgm of torque. The car is capable of attaining a top speed of 281 km/h when equipped with Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission.
"Ever since its international debut, the Cayman has been applauded for its excellent handling and performance. In fact, along with the Boxster, the model won the coveted 2013 World Performance Car award this March. It is built for driving through bends like few other sports cars and offers an outstanding sports car experience combined with the practicality of everyday driving," said Anil Reddi, Director of Porsche India.
The company claims that the new version of Cayman weighs 30kg less than its predecessor and offers more fuel efficiency. The vehcile looks sporty with its extended wheel base and 19-inch Cayman S wheels. The interiors have also been restyled and come with a 7-inch touchscreen in the cabin. Optional add-ons such as high-end Burmester audio system and bi-colour leather options enhance the exquisiteness of the vehicle.
"The PDK shifts without any interruption in propulsive power and it enables faster sprints and better fuel economy. The new Cayman S has a Sport button as standard that lets the driver choose between sport-oriented tuning and comfortable tuning that is optimised for fuel efficiency. In Sport mode, the electronic engine management system makes the engine respond even snappier, with more direct dynamic response of the engine," described the Business Standard of the car's technology.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones