Porsche Drives Cayman S to India for ₹92.27 Lakh
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | June 19, 2013 9:51 PM EST
The second generation of Cayman S looks stylish, long and powerful. The bookings for the car are open for customers in the county. Under the hood, the new Cayman packs 3.4 litre flat-six petrol engine which churns out a power of 321bhp and 37.7kgm of torque. The car is capable of attaining a top speed of 281 km/h when equipped with Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission.
"Ever since its international debut, the Cayman has been applauded for its excellent handling and performance. In fact, along with the Boxster, the model won the coveted 2013 World Performance Car award this March. It is built for driving through bends like few other sports cars and offers an outstanding sports car experience combined with the practicality of everyday driving," said Anil Reddi, Director of Porsche India.
The company claims that the new version of Cayman weighs 30kg less than its predecessor and offers more fuel efficiency. The vehcile looks sporty with its extended wheel base and 19-inch Cayman S wheels. The interiors have also been restyled and come with a 7-inch touchscreen in the cabin. Optional add-ons such as high-end Burmester audio system and bi-colour leather options enhance the exquisiteness of the vehicle.
"The PDK shifts without any interruption in propulsive power and it enables faster sprints and better fuel economy. The new Cayman S has a Sport button as standard that lets the driver choose between sport-oriented tuning and comfortable tuning that is optimised for fuel efficiency. In Sport mode, the electronic engine management system makes the engine respond even snappier, with more direct dynamic response of the engine," described the Business Standard of the car's technology.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales