Porsche Drives Cayman S to India for ₹92.27 Lakh
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | June 19, 2013 9:51 PM EST
The second generation of Cayman S looks stylish, long and powerful. The bookings for the car are open for customers in the county. Under the hood, the new Cayman packs 3.4 litre flat-six petrol engine which churns out a power of 321bhp and 37.7kgm of torque. The car is capable of attaining a top speed of 281 km/h when equipped with Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission.
"Ever since its international debut, the Cayman has been applauded for its excellent handling and performance. In fact, along with the Boxster, the model won the coveted 2013 World Performance Car award this March. It is built for driving through bends like few other sports cars and offers an outstanding sports car experience combined with the practicality of everyday driving," said Anil Reddi, Director of Porsche India.
The company claims that the new version of Cayman weighs 30kg less than its predecessor and offers more fuel efficiency. The vehcile looks sporty with its extended wheel base and 19-inch Cayman S wheels. The interiors have also been restyled and come with a 7-inch touchscreen in the cabin. Optional add-ons such as high-end Burmester audio system and bi-colour leather options enhance the exquisiteness of the vehicle.
"The PDK shifts without any interruption in propulsive power and it enables faster sprints and better fuel economy. The new Cayman S has a Sport button as standard that lets the driver choose between sport-oriented tuning and comfortable tuning that is optimised for fuel efficiency. In Sport mode, the electronic engine management system makes the engine respond even snappier, with more direct dynamic response of the engine," described the Business Standard of the car's technology.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’