Porsche Drives Cayman S to India for ₹92.27 Lakh
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | June 19, 2013 9:51 PM EST
The second generation of Cayman S looks stylish, long and powerful. The bookings for the car are open for customers in the county. Under the hood, the new Cayman packs 3.4 litre flat-six petrol engine which churns out a power of 321bhp and 37.7kgm of torque. The car is capable of attaining a top speed of 281 km/h when equipped with Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission.
"Ever since its international debut, the Cayman has been applauded for its excellent handling and performance. In fact, along with the Boxster, the model won the coveted 2013 World Performance Car award this March. It is built for driving through bends like few other sports cars and offers an outstanding sports car experience combined with the practicality of everyday driving," said Anil Reddi, Director of Porsche India.
The company claims that the new version of Cayman weighs 30kg less than its predecessor and offers more fuel efficiency. The vehcile looks sporty with its extended wheel base and 19-inch Cayman S wheels. The interiors have also been restyled and come with a 7-inch touchscreen in the cabin. Optional add-ons such as high-end Burmester audio system and bi-colour leather options enhance the exquisiteness of the vehicle.
"The PDK shifts without any interruption in propulsive power and it enables faster sprints and better fuel economy. The new Cayman S has a Sport button as standard that lets the driver choose between sport-oriented tuning and comfortable tuning that is optimised for fuel efficiency. In Sport mode, the electronic engine management system makes the engine respond even snappier, with more direct dynamic response of the engine," described the Business Standard of the car's technology.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Coming Out Gay Defies Corporate Norm: Tech Execs Applaud Inspiring Essay
- Bombshell, Shocking And Wild Read: Jefferies & Co. Sage Kelly Forces Wife To Have Sex With Clients For A Deal
- Russia Succeeds Where US Fails: ISS NASA Antares Rocket Explosion Meant to Happen; Russia Successfully Launches Cargo Ship
- The Cost Of Getting Infected With Ebola
- Walmart Sells ‘Fat Girl Costumes’ for Halloween
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists