Salman Khan Snubs Sanjay Leela Bhansali Again?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | June 19, 2013 7:49 PM EST
The hostility between Bollywood star Salman Khan and director Sanjay Leela Bhansali reached new heights when the latter snatched away the rights of a South remake which Salman intended to do.
According to Mid-Day, Bhansali created animosity as he bagged the rights of South blockbuster "Kanchana".
Reports stated that Salman was keen to buy the rights of the film which was to be produced by Sohail with himself in the lead. However, the deal fell through after the makers of "Kanchana" quoted a pricey ₹2.5 crore for the remake rights.
Taking cue, Bhansali is said to have stepped in and bagged the whooping deal. Bhansali has now the remake rights, which is quite a valid provocation to the ensuing Salman-Bhansali rivalry.
"There has been a lot of rumours about Kanchana's remake. At the time when Salman was said to acquire the film, he was supposed to play the lead role in the film," informed a source to the tabloid
"Later, it was said that Shah Rukh Khan and Sanjay Dutt were also in race. Other filmmakers too seemed interested in the South hit. For Guzaarish too, it was Sallu who was to act in the film initially. But SLB later chose Hrithik Roshan over him and even cast Aishwarya Rai Bachchan."
Salman's untimely jibe at Bhansali's "Guzaarish" during the film's promotions had apparently caused the rift. The director had not taken very kindly of his former lead star's (Salman had worked with Bhansali in Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam) dissuading comments.
"Sallu and SLB's enmity is not new and this development seems to have taken their acrimony to a whole new level," said the source.
Meanwhile, Salman is in for more trouble since his home production "Mental" has been delayed again. But this time the reason is not related to the lead actress Sana Khan, who was charged in a kidnapping case involving a teenager.
Daisy Shah, who also plays one of the lead roles in the film, is said to have put on weight creating issues with her stylist. The costumes designed initially for the dancer-turned-actress is not fitting her presently.
Recently, Daisy was supposed to wear a corset for a romantic song with Salman but the actress couldn't fit into the outfit and as a result the shooting was postponed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- MH17: Shrapnel Hits Plane, Russia Calls for UN-led Investigation