Salman Khan Snubs Sanjay Leela Bhansali Again?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | June 19, 2013 7:49 PM EST
The hostility between Bollywood star Salman Khan and director Sanjay Leela Bhansali reached new heights when the latter snatched away the rights of a South remake which Salman intended to do.
According to Mid-Day, Bhansali created animosity as he bagged the rights of South blockbuster "Kanchana".
Reports stated that Salman was keen to buy the rights of the film which was to be produced by Sohail with himself in the lead. However, the deal fell through after the makers of "Kanchana" quoted a pricey ₹2.5 crore for the remake rights.
Taking cue, Bhansali is said to have stepped in and bagged the whooping deal. Bhansali has now the remake rights, which is quite a valid provocation to the ensuing Salman-Bhansali rivalry.
"There has been a lot of rumours about Kanchana's remake. At the time when Salman was said to acquire the film, he was supposed to play the lead role in the film," informed a source to the tabloid
"Later, it was said that Shah Rukh Khan and Sanjay Dutt were also in race. Other filmmakers too seemed interested in the South hit. For Guzaarish too, it was Sallu who was to act in the film initially. But SLB later chose Hrithik Roshan over him and even cast Aishwarya Rai Bachchan."
Salman's untimely jibe at Bhansali's "Guzaarish" during the film's promotions had apparently caused the rift. The director had not taken very kindly of his former lead star's (Salman had worked with Bhansali in Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam) dissuading comments.
"Sallu and SLB's enmity is not new and this development seems to have taken their acrimony to a whole new level," said the source.
Meanwhile, Salman is in for more trouble since his home production "Mental" has been delayed again. But this time the reason is not related to the lead actress Sana Khan, who was charged in a kidnapping case involving a teenager.
Daisy Shah, who also plays one of the lead roles in the film, is said to have put on weight creating issues with her stylist. The costumes designed initially for the dancer-turned-actress is not fitting her presently.
Recently, Daisy was supposed to wear a corset for a romantic song with Salman but the actress couldn't fit into the outfit and as a result the shooting was postponed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS