Eric Langlois Found? Connecticut Authorities Find Body In Lake Lillinonah Believed To Be That Of Missing New Milford Wedding Photographer [PHOTO]
June 19, 2013 4:00 AM EST
Authorities have found a body in the Connecticut lake where missing photographer Eric Langlois disappeared last week. Langlois, 33, was last seen on June 11, by his wife, Amber, before she dropped him off at Lovers Leap State Park in New Milford to retrieve his mountain bike, which had fallen into the water when he biked there the day before.
Officials with Connecticut’s Department of Energy and Environmental Protection told reporters they received word that a body was found in Lake Lillinonah in Bridgewater at about noon Tuesday.
The body was reportedly spotted by a person who was standing on a dock in Bridgewater across from the lake where state and local police, along with family and friends, had started the search for the 33-year-old father of two, just one week ago.
The state’s medical examiner has been notified in an effort to identify the body, officials said.
Authorities in Connecticut yesterday scaled back the search for the well-known wedding photographer after the hunt for clues as to where he might be hit a dead end.
“Everyone at DEEP understands that this is an emotional and sad time for friends, family and colleagues of Eric Langlois,” DEEP’s Environmental Conservation Police unit said in a statement. “Our hearts go out to them.”
Earlier Tuesday, Langlois’ wife told Fox News she was disappointed by that move.
“Honestly, it’s heartbreaking news to hear, but I was kind of preparing myself for that,” Amber Westlake Langlois told FoxNews.com on Tuesday. “I’m disappointed.”
Shortly after Langlois was dropped off by his wife, police received a 911 call from a woman who’d been hiking in the park and heard a man call for help. “We’re not sure if he ever found his bike, [or] if he was trying to pull his bike up and fell in,” Amber told reporters. She went on to describe her husband as having a “badly scraped left shoulder” and cracked helmet after his initial crash. “Looking back, he did seem a little unusual,” she said. “My sister noted his pupils were dilated and his balance was a little off.”
Amber Langlois described the waters of Lake Lillinonah to be quite deceiving as it could be extremely dangerous at times.
“There’s all kinds of weird currents and every day we’ve been there, the body of water looks different,” she told Fox News. “And we know he was sore and may have had a concussion, so he might not have been swimming as his normal, healthy self,” she added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown