'Game of Thrones'-like Film, 'The Queen of the Tearling,' Casts Emma Watson as Lead Star and Exec Producer
By Floyd Allen | June 18, 2013 2:07 PM EST
The stunning “Bling Ring” star, Emma Watson has been confirmed to cast as lead star for “The Queen of Tearling,” dubbed as the female version of the hit TV-movie, “Game of Thrones.” Watson is said to have already signed up for the new franchise, in collaboration with former Harry Potter producer, David Heyman. An even better good news, Watson is also looking to executive produce the upcoming film.
An exclusive report by the Variety revealed that Heyman is said to be producing the project and the Warner Bros. has acquired the rights to the book the film is adapted from. The project is still being conceptualized at an early stage as no director and writer have yet to be named for the trilogy.
The Daily Mail noted that the film series documents the “tale” of Kelsea Glynn, the role played by Watson - - the 19-year-old princess who has embarked on a journey to reclaim Tearling, the kingdom of her late mother from “the clutches of an evil witch” called as the Red Queen.
The upcoming franchise is based on the fantasy book written by Erika Johansen, “Queen of the Tearling.” The first of the fantasy novels is set to be published in 2016 by the Harper Collins.
Harper Collins: “An insightful human story whose heroine is grappling with both the daily realities of coming-of-age and the ethical dilemmas of ruling justly, all while simply trying to stay alive.”
After her role as Hermione in Harry Potter, Emma has appeared in a number of films including “The Perks of a Wallflower.” She has just done “The Bling Ring” by Sofia Coppola and the young actress has been receiving great reviews for her role as a “celebrity-obsessed teen thief.”
The Paris born actress is currently continuing her education at the Brown University, located in Providence, Rhode Island. She is considered one of the most successful actors of her generation after her role in Harry Potter. But the young star was not afraid to admit that she feels inadequate sometimes, calling it “the impostor syndrome” in an interview with Rookie magazine.
'It’s almost like the better I do, the more my feeling of inadequacy actually increases, because I’m just going, "Any moment, someone’s going to find out I’m a total fraud, and that I don’t deserve any of what I’ve achieved,” Watson said, according to the Daily Mail.
She added, 'I can’t possibly live up to what everyone thinks I am and what everyone’s expectations of me are. After Harry Potter I didn’t feel very confident in myself as an actor. It’s lucky that I’ve improved that now, but back then I needed someone to believe in me, and Stephen really did.'
Despite what she described her “inadequacy,” Emma Watson seemed to have a lot of projects, aside from her school.
Watson is set to appear in biblical epic “Noah” set to be released next spring. Other projects Emma is attached too include Sony’s “This Is the End” and in Guillermo del Toro’s “Beauty.”
NEW TRAILER ‘White House Down’ 2013: Channing Tatum’s Action-Packed Film: Early Twitter Buzz [PHOTOS] Full article here.
Kristen Stewart-Robert Pattinson Break-Up Saga: Actress Left Los Feliz Home to Allow Ex-Beau Get Rest of His Stuff [PHOTOS] Full article here.
WATCH! After Racy Photos Comes Shocking Video of Half-Naked, Dancing Female Israeli Soldiers, Using Rifles as Stripper Poles [PHOTOS/VIDEO] Full article here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best