Android Flagship Moto X Flashes Non-Nexus Specs in Leaked Details: No Key Lime Pie & No Top-Notch CPU, Camera Hardwares
By Erik Pineda | June 18, 2013 1:49 PM EST
A new report added credence to earlier claims that Google and Motorola are conspiring on a smartphone project codenamed X-Phone, now known as the Moto X.
The phone specs, however, leaked by popular device scoop provider @evleaks this week, only generated disappointments among hardcore Android fans.
Contrary to the previous hypes that surrounded the Moto X, what @evleaks offered on his Twitter accounts were specs that will make a mid-range Android handset, too far-removed from the game-changing device that would give Apple's iPhone and Samsung's Galaxy real and tough competition.
The Moto X would be a Jelly Bean 4.2.2 mobile phone that draws its power from a dual-core 1.7GHz Snapdragon S4 Pro processor with a 2GB of RAM. The built-in storage capacity is 16GB, keeping pics and vids taken from its main snapper that is equipped with a 10MP sensor. The front cam is 2MP.
The screen size is a toss between 4.3-inch and 4.7-inch but it will be definite 720p and not 1080p as earlier reported, according to BGR News.
As a flagship product, the Moto X is easily dwarfed by Android rivals such as the HTC One and Samsung's Galaxy S4, according to Gotta Be Mobile, adding that the Motorola phone is mainly a mid-range gadget.
Noting that @evleaks had previously provided smartphone details that are spot on, it is now a big question mark how the Moto X will square off with the best out there without the exciting hardware specs such as a quad-core CPU and a snapper that is at least 13MP, the same GBM report said.
Rumoured set for an August release date, this Moto X will likely be overwhelmed by the superlative capabilities and tale-tapes of the GS4 and the HTC One plus their Google-centric versions, including that of Sony's Xperia Z.
Add to that is Apple's iPhone 5S that possibly will arrive in September.
The report only fired up hopes by Android fans that it is LG which will manufacture the more powerful Nexus 5, which numerous reports said will upgrade the features presented by Google last year with the Nexus 4.
The Nexus is now touted as the first Key Lime Pie recipient and will show off its impressive wares by the holiday quarter this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff