Nexus 5 Rumors: Sony i1 Honami is the New Google Phone?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | June 18, 2013 11:26 AM EST
Reports claimed that the newly spotted Sony i1 Honami is the upcoming Nexus 5 smartphone from Google.
There were previous reports that Sony is also readying a Google Edition for its flagship smartphone which is a sign that the two companies are in a good relationship, even though the Japanese phone maker refused when the search engine giant when it asked to develop a Nexus smartphone.
With LG announcing they will not be making the Nexus 5, Sony is one of the candidates to manufacture the next Google smartphone.
According to unnamed sources of some tech websites, Sony i1 Honami boasts a full HD 5-inch display with 2,000:1 Contrast ratio, while being underpinned by a might Snapdragon 800 chipset with four Krait 400 cores clocked at 2.3 GHz and Adreno 330 GPU. The leaked technical specs list also includes 2 GB of RAM and a 3,000 mAh battery, plus 32 GB of internal storage expandable using microSD cards.
In terms of connectivity the Sony i1 Honami comes with 4G LTE, NFC chip, Bluetooth 4.0, and above all, it will be water and dust proof, and it will come with a shatterproof front glass. The case will be manufactured using metal, carbon fiber, and glass.
Besides the might Snapdragon 800 CPU, the primary camera is one of the most impressive features of the new flagship device: a 2/3? 20/13 MP Exmor RS camera with Sony G lens, a Cybershot Camera, which should be able to smash the competition. The user-facing camera will have support for full HD video recording and a 2.2 megapixel sensor. The device also has dual speakers, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with Xperia UI, S-Master MX mobile audio amplifier, and other goodies specific to the Xperia line-up.
However, it seems that the device is the new Sony flagship phone for 2013. Both companies offered no official statement on the matter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report