PS4 Pre-Orders Outnumber Xbox 2 To 1 At GameStop, According To Report
June 18, 2013 3:07 AM EST
According to a report by GameZone, PS4 pre-orders are outnumbering Xbox One pre-orders at a 2 to 1 ratio. This data comes courtesy of a GameStop rep who spoke with GameZone.
It's unclear whether the comment offered by the GameStop rep pertained merely to a single store, or whether the 2 to 1 PS4 vs. Xbox One pre-order ratio is a company-wide trend.
Either way, this data doesn't surprise us. Considering that the PS4 is cheaper and more consumer friendly (no used game restrictions or online checking, unlike the Xbox One), it doesn't shock us that gamers are voting for the PS4 with their dollars, and in overwhelming numbers to boot.
However, it is early, and we agree with Microsoft exec Phil Spencer when he said that "this isn't a sprint" and "the reaction, I think, is complete when the product is on the shelf." In fact, we take it even further than that. Like any player transaction in any sport, we can't properly determine a victory in the PS4 vs. Xbox One battle until 2 - 5 years after both consoles are released. Between now and then, we could see killer exclusive games, peripherals or revamped versions of the consoles themselves that may tip the scales in either the PS4's or Xbox One's favor. To this point though, the PS4 does seem to have a sizable lead on its Microsoft-branded competitor.
We have reached out to both GameStop and Amazon regarding pre-order data for both the PS4 and the Xbox One. We will update you if we receive any additional information.
What do you think of PS4 pre-orders beating Xbox One pre-orders 2 to 1 at GameStop? Do you think that the data refers to a single store or the entire company and why? What do you think of the PS4 and Xbox One overall? Which next-gen console will you be getting and why? Sound off in the comments below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS