PS4 Pre-Orders Outnumber Xbox 2 To 1 At GameStop, According To Report
June 18, 2013 3:07 AM EST
According to a report by GameZone, PS4 pre-orders are outnumbering Xbox One pre-orders at a 2 to 1 ratio. This data comes courtesy of a GameStop rep who spoke with GameZone.
It's unclear whether the comment offered by the GameStop rep pertained merely to a single store, or whether the 2 to 1 PS4 vs. Xbox One pre-order ratio is a company-wide trend.
Either way, this data doesn't surprise us. Considering that the PS4 is cheaper and more consumer friendly (no used game restrictions or online checking, unlike the Xbox One), it doesn't shock us that gamers are voting for the PS4 with their dollars, and in overwhelming numbers to boot.
However, it is early, and we agree with Microsoft exec Phil Spencer when he said that "this isn't a sprint" and "the reaction, I think, is complete when the product is on the shelf." In fact, we take it even further than that. Like any player transaction in any sport, we can't properly determine a victory in the PS4 vs. Xbox One battle until 2 - 5 years after both consoles are released. Between now and then, we could see killer exclusive games, peripherals or revamped versions of the consoles themselves that may tip the scales in either the PS4's or Xbox One's favor. To this point though, the PS4 does seem to have a sizable lead on its Microsoft-branded competitor.
We have reached out to both GameStop and Amazon regarding pre-order data for both the PS4 and the Xbox One. We will update you if we receive any additional information.
What do you think of PS4 pre-orders beating Xbox One pre-orders 2 to 1 at GameStop? Do you think that the data refers to a single store or the entire company and why? What do you think of the PS4 and Xbox One overall? Which next-gen console will you be getting and why? Sound off in the comments below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles